Stately Citizen Journalism

I saw that … is the game pretty solid? I’m too lazy to search the site for earlier impressions of it. At that price I’d be willing to at least throw it into the backlog.

I’m ashamed to admit I haven’t played it, but bought it at the sale price based on the love it got here from @Neumannium and it’s 4.5 star rating on the App Store.

edit: it came out around the same time as WHQ2, which is why I didn’t pick it up then. Although, based on the trash that was WHQ2, I probably should have.

2 Likes

I like it…it has a good Star Trek vibe that’s better than any other ST game out there. Now, that’s not saying much, but it’s actually pretty good. Of course, I never have time to keep playing a game for long, so I haven’t gotten that far into it, but it’s definitely worth a shot if you can pick it up for cheap.

1 Like

It’s basically a 4X with JRPG turn based combat (completely distilled down). I love the game. It’s solid on most levels, and the mechanics really do tie it all together.

2 Likes

Civ6 update:

Now 1 step (soon to be 2 steps) behind the Mac client. The update doesn’t show the Khmer and Indonesia pack is also in the app for $8.99 USD. Nubia is $4.99 USD

Don’t know if there was an Ascension update today or not, but all four of my games are gone and @robthomasson is no longer on my friends list!

I’ve submitted a bug report.

I’m flattered to know that 75% of your Ascension games are with me lol. I’ll have to check now, but I took my turns this morning without issue in our games and the other two I have going…

eta: all still there

How could you resist an offer to “build a base in the space”?

(Answer: you can’t)

ETA: was in the beta and didn’t grok it; release version is much better and seems slick so far. Haven’t played mp yet so can’t vouch for that.

1 Like

Was this the iOS version or the new beta Steam client? The Steam version did get an update yesterday, and while I didn’t lose any friends, all previous in progress games were cleared out.

I am not in the spot to address the question objectively because…SPRITES! Old school JRPG Turn-based battles, character and ship customization…err cough XCOM like base building and humor lots of humor…

Well…I like it, but I am an easily pleased and very excitable penguin from hell…nevertheless if you are not a fan of fourth wall breaks and tropes making fun of tropes you might have less enjoyment than me…but I play it a lot on my iPad. In direct relation to other games on other consoles not so much but at least a third of my mobile gaming time, I have sunk in that game.

Yes, this was the beta.

@robthomasson disappeared from my friends list.

Anyway, re-added and started 2 new games!

Sorry to be unclear, @js619. I was talking about the Steam beta.

You are about 38% of my actual Ascension games. LOL

Way to crush my ego, man… :sobs:

1 Like

Thanks to all who commented on Halcyon 6–I bought it, and once this stupid semester is over, I’ll actually take some time to play it.

1 Like

One Deck Dungeon coming out of early access on May 18th on Steam and coming to mobile on 23rd May…

3 Likes

Baldur’s Gate II on iOS is only $1.99 right now. That’s a heck of a lot of great RPG for almost nothing.

3 Likes

Terry Cavanagh’s new game will likely be Stately Faire.

A dice based take on Dream Quest, I’ve played the prototypes and I dig it thus far.

http://distractionware.com/blog/2018/05/dicey-decisions/

2 Likes

Yes! Love what I’ve seen in Dicey Dungeons so far, although running the prototypes on my work laptop caused the fan to go into overdrive.

1 Like

The oldie but a goodie Ascension just updated for iOS. Brought a new expansion, Game of the Elements (iirc) and an app redesign.

1 Like

Give us your impressions after you’ve had some time with it.

Shall we play a game, @js619? :slight_smile:
I was in the beta and I really like the expansion.

I also like the UI changes for the most part.