Stately Citizen Journalism

Ascension on Steam has a beta test going on with a new client software and the Gift of the Elements expansion.

The FB post said that mobile beta may be coming soon.

If I can actually manage to get into the online play (it’s not accepting my password and “forgot login” isn’t doing anything for me), anybody up for some asynch games?

You can log into your Asmodee account (https://account.asmodee.net/en/signin/) and then sign up for the beta.

The beta version uses our playtest server, which is completely separate from retail. Unless you’ve previously been involved in a Playdek beta, you’ll need to create a new account.

Oh, that’s why!

Thank you very much.

So, anybody up for a game? :slight_smile:

Star Realms just dropped a mini-expansion, plus a nifty new arena feature. Live, timed games versus human foes, with prizes for winning up to six games. I’m really enjoying it so far; it might be the spark that gets me playing SR again.

https://www.starrealms.com/arena-tournament-play-foil-cards-and-united-heroes-coming-to-the-star-realms-app/

3 Likes

Enh, the fact that it’s pay to play with real cash and that the best you can hope for is foil cards or a new avatar, pass. I do like how they’ll have varying house rules (does this change daily or weekly?), but it isn’t a road I was hoping they’d go down.

My basic sentiment always in these games, I’m more than happy to pay for new content but HATE anything that requires a consumable currency, and even more so if there is NO WAY that currency can ever be earned in-game.

Finally, as just a weird obsessive compulsive thing, I guess, it kind of annoys me they went with United Heroes before United Assault. United Assault is the second half of the new dual faction ships introduced in United Command. Surely whatever tough new programming issues needed to handle dual factioned ships was already addressed in United Command, so United Assault would seem a no brainer. I guess I take some consolation in the fact that devs said United Assault is up next, but if it means waiting another SEVERAL MONTHS, I’ll be bummed.

Me! I just got the Steam client so I could check it out. Please feel free to add “LordGek” into your frays, gang.

1 Like

Invite sent!

Just Gift of the Elements, to try out the new cards (my play against bots has shown that the cards are pretty cool)

@whovian223 @lordgek Invites sent for GotE games …

@Strangiato Only one game in, but I do like the look and play feel of the new version.

I’d like to second that sentiment, @Strangiato. Nice to finally have a chat function in the game.

I missed the chat function? Crap! I’ll have to look closer tonight (I’ll accept those invites tonight, @robthomasson)

But I’ll also third the compliment on the rest of the interface. It’s looking really good.

I see it as global chat … so not very likely to be using it to wail about the vicissitudes of my card draws …

Look for a chat bubble in the upper right IN-GAME. :laughing:

1 Like

Hopefully it will be more prominent when something’s actually been said than Lords of Waterdeep is (at least on iOS, as I don’t have LoW on Steam)

It looks like the near identical system, at least it blinks, but it is still tiny enough to easily miss.

Oh yes - there it is … splendid indeed. Thank you. As you can tell I just saw the big global Chat option.

Are these changes coming to the iOS version of Ascension?

Edit: Sknce we are talking about Ascnesion, am I the only one who would like the option to set the number of Honor Points higher? I feel like so often I am just starting to get a combo going when the game ends.

I’m assuming it will be just like they did for Waterfeep and thus Steam and mobile will look identical and be cross platform combatible.

I know you can edit the honor point goal in offline games, but can’t recall if it’s doable online.

I don’t think it is. At least, I don’t know how to do it.

I think the FB announcement for the beta said that it would be coming later to mobile. I don’t know why they wouldn’t.

But I’m sure someone who works there can chime in on that… :thinking:

Halcyon 6 is on sale for $3.99, down from $6.99 (I think?)

4 Likes