Stately Citizen Journalism

That is very true. I am playing trough the Borderlands Franchise with all DLCs with my brother and we have a blast…also the pace is more relaxxed as with the GOGOGOGO random pugs…which I hate.

reminds me on Brettspielwelt… :confounded:
realtime boardgame “fun” of the finest :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The best bits of borderlands are sitting back and enjoying the humour of the game, or exploring on top of buildings looking for chests. You’re not going to get the best out of the game if you’re forced to speed run through it

1 Like

The most precise answer I could find was “soon after the Steam version”.
There also seems to be some confusion over whether it’d be iPad only. In one thread on their FB page they said iPad only, but in another they said it’d be available for the iPhone as well. Hope it’s both!

It looks like Fighting Fantasy Legends has been gobbled up by Asmodee and is being re-released today. It sounds a bit like the Talisman boondoggle all over again, but time will tell.

1 Like

Darkest Dungeon news:

http://www.darkestdungeon.com/harvest-moon/

Most of that post is about the next expansion, The Color of Madness, which still has no announced release date. The more immediate news is near the bottom of the post: the Crimson Court ($4.99) and Shieldbreaker ($1.99) DLC will be available in the iOS version tomorrow, 3/15. The base game is on sale for $0.99 to celebrate this impending release.

Fighting Fantasies by Tin Man is out…

http://toucharcade.com/link/http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=1261201650&mt=8

Free to download. One book included, with the rest as IAP. Played a bit, but I’m confused - there’s no little meeple moving about as I thought there was supposed to be? It’s literally a game book, but on my iPad. What the… ?

Fighting Fantasy Legends is the one with the meeple, no?

Ah, that’d be why this one doesn’t have the map or meeple, I suppose… :facepalm:

1 Like

I played Fortnite mobile. I was terrible at it and hated it. I downloaded this game expecting similar results but got 16 kills on my first solo run and won the game. I like Pubg much better. No bunny hopping and shooting. It’s more about tactical positioning than running and gunning.

There’s a rumour that pubg puts you in with bots for the first few matches but doesn’t tell you they are bots. I’ve played 3 games and each game is all but full on joining, and ready to launch after 60 seconds. That’s very suspicious to me considering these are 100 man match ups.

I mean, I get why they would do that. They want new players to quickly join games and then not get murdered within seconds. On mobile, on a free mobile game even, that’s a recipe for instant deletion. I just wish they would be more transparent about what they are doing and why.

1 Like

Thanks for bursting my bubble Snotty. I thought I was actually good :cry: Though my impressive win makes a lot more sense now.

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, I went through the same emotional roller coaster.

1 Like

Card Quest has a mobile release now.

Android only currently though (not sure the ETA on iOS)

Steam community post: http://steamcommunity.com/games/493080/announcements/detail/1646502942081231904

What do people think of this one?

I’ve lost over 40 hours to it on Steam. The mobile version seems almost exactly the same aside from scaling the UI to the device.

Definitely would be of interest to fans of FTL (branching paths, permanently unlocked upgrades to start new runs with), Slay the Spire or Dream Quest.

1 Like

In 1989, a man named Ken wrote a book. His lengthy tome was about a lifelong quest to build a cathedral. Riveting. Somehow, this book spawned a sequel, a miniseries, a worker placement board game, and now:

A point-and-click adventure game. Yes, next week iOS users will get the new Pillars of the Earth adventure game.

1 Like

I saw this and, as much as I enjoyed the book and kind of love the board game (it was my first “heavy” worker placement game), I decided that the point and click adventure game wasn’t for me.

Curious to hear if I made the wrong decision to not cover it.

You probably made the right decision. I wanted to point it out more for the ridiculousness of how many things have spawned from a book with that subject. Not that it’s a bad book, just that it’s crazy to me that it’s had such an influence in other media.

1 Like