Originally published at: http://statelyplay.com/2018/03/29/pc-only-card-quest-releases-for-android-with-iosmac-coming-soon/
PC, Android, Coming soon to iOS/Mac •
The best thing that's happened since we pulled this old lemon off the lot back in 2016 is the growth of our forums
. Oh, haven't been there? You're missing out on the best part of the site. First of all, you don't have to read my junk over there and, secondly, all the Stately Players [goddammit, I'm on vacation -ed.
] are way smarter than me and have insights that the tiny bit of brain still present in my skull couldn't even begin to ponder on my own. Seriously, head over there, the link is right up above this post. You can't miss it.
Why am I talking up the forums? Because this story came straight from our forums which are way better at tracking this stuff down than I have ever been. It involves a dungeon crawling card game, a genre we love around these parts, called Card Quest. It's been available for PC on Steam for a bit, but has now released for Android with a Mac/iOS version coming...soon.
Now, I haven't played Card Quest because of that pesky PC-only trait that's plagued it since it released, but I'm looking forward to it because it looks bonkers-cool.
Card Quest is a dungeon crawling adventure game with unique card combat. Play with a variety of unique character classes, and customize decks to fit your playstyle. Explore the strategic depth of tactical roguelike gameplay, and crush the undead plague.
- Diverse Classes: Play as a Rogue, Wizard, Fighter or Hunter. The choice is yours. Each has its own unique gameplay style and 3 custom specializations to add even more variety! Turn your rogue into a Swashbuckler or an Assassin, your wizard into a Pyromancer or Necromancer, your fighter into a Berserker or a Paladin and your Hunter into a Sharpshooter or a Fey Archer.
- Powerful Equipment: Unlock new items by defeating mighty bosses. There are dozens of different pieces of equipment and items for each class to further customize your heroes; granting them new cards and abilities
- Streamlined Progression:Level up your heroes to increase their stamina and health and gain useful passives and unlock new specializations.
- Fantastical Dungeons: Dungeons to explore. Traverse a city cursed with an undead plague and a dwarven mountain full of dangers and treasure, each with over 12 different areas to explore and lots of items to unlock!
- Challenging Enemies: Fight over 25 different bosses and more than 90 enemies! Many of them with unique skills that require creative strategies to defeat.
Sounds good? Wait until you get a gander at the video below. The Android version released earlier this week and will run you only $5. How about iOS? The developer, WinterSpring Games, says it's coming soon:
...to apple users, we wanted to confirm you that we will be releasing for IOS and Mac. We still don´t have a date but it shouldn´t take us too long.
We'll keep an eye out (or at least the Players in the forums will) and let you know when that iOS version goes live.