Stately Citizen Journalism

Looks like, per the TA thread, it’s been reported multiple times with no solution.

Thanks for the heads up. My girlfriend has won both of the pass n play games we’ve played, and I’m looking forward to more. Reminds me of The Duke. Not sure if multiplayer is asynch, but if so it would be good for a tournament.

I’m a Luddite. I don’t use much social media and I barely know what Twitch is. That said, according to an article posted at Pocket Gamer, there is going to be a stream of Scythe some time tomorrow, for anyone who may be interested.

I saw this. I’m going to try and watch, mainly to see if I can tell if they’re going asynchronous or not.

2 Likes

Missed it and they didn’t record it. A few people saved clips, but they’re all in the order of seconds, not minutes.

Well shit.

2 Likes

Well, it’s the thought that counts

2 Likes

Pocket Gamer provides a link now to an archived stream. I can’t watch as I’m at work, but I’ll provide the linked address as well as the Pocket Gamer post.

Edit: I deleted the link to the stream because it apparently displayed the stream, sound and all, and I know that I am personally very annoyed when I open a site that automatically plays sounds.

1 Like

Terraforming Mars on Steam announced for Q2 2018.

Very exciting news, do we know if the iOS version is available from the get-go, or is it Steam first?

Edit: Do we know when the iOS version is scheduled for release? :upside_down:

1 Like

and again the mother of all questions: will it be async?

welcome to the forum, @Loveschack!

2 Likes

No clue if it’s gonna have asynch. The company behind it, if I indeed managed to find the right “LuckyHammers,” looks like a VR company? That plays a lot of board games? Their glassdoor reviews are…not good and frequently cite the lack of a coherent vision among management, which, uh, sounds about right for a VR-centric company that plays a lot of board games making a board game port and not even mentioning it on their website as far as I can see. Doesn’t bode particularly well.

1 Like

Well, if we’re looking for a possible bright side, Temple Gates was a VR company that played a lot of board games but had nothing about Race for the Galaxy on their website until it launched. That turned out okay…

We can hope, right?

Right? Please say yes…

3 Likes

I know the game itself isn’t really a Stately game, but yesterday news dropped that Fortnite, the (supposedly) wildly popular third-person shooter battle royale game, is coming to iOS. What makes this news interesting, in my opinion, is that the iOS version is the same as the PC and console version and will play online against said versions. I post this here because I think it is cool to see full-fledged games from the traditional game industry making the jump to mobile and maintaining full compatibility. I know we’ve seen it before, most recently with Civilization VI, but I like to imagine the possibilities in the future of mobile.

3 Likes

Their solution for mobile users getting slaughtered by people with mice and controllers is pretty elegant, too. Mobile players can opt into matchmaking with console or PC players, but console or PC players can’t get into mobile matchmaking.

I have enough trouble wrapping my head around building things on PC, so we’ll see how well it translates to mobile.

One of those games where I tried really hard to like it but just couldn’t get into it at all. Same thing with PUBG

I have like 250 hours in PUBG, but Fortnite just felt really bad and floaty to me. Didn’t click at all.

1 Like

I put 40 hours into each and neither really clicked for me. I just couldn’t get into them at all. I’m happy that they’re both popular and people love them, they just didn’t click with me shrug

For me it’s 100% because I’m playing with the same guys I played Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm with (one of whom I went to college with and have been playing games with for 20 years). There’s no way I’d play solo or with randos.

Playing competitive games with long-time friends is immeasurably better than solo. Fun times with friends can trump game quality any day.

4 Likes