Stately Citizen Journalism

Neumannium, what did you do? i had nearly forgotten a “man called Owen Faraday”, but now i’m kind of missing him again :confused:

and @Mirefox was the first to post a comment, so he must have known the review…and forgotten again?

1 Like

Haha, yeah, I noticed that, too. The app has caught my eye a number of times and I’ve probably asked before and then dismissed it. Silly Mirefox…

2 Likes

Stone Age was just updated for ios11.

2 Likes

Holy crap—that’s great news! I had Stone Age in a folder labeled “32 bits” holding all of the apps I hope will be updated at some point. Glad to move it out.

but…and it’s a BIG BUT i can’t find a solution for the “we can’t invite NEW friends” problem that crashed our last tournament which @Codington had organized.

the “invite a friend via email” option is nothing but a hint to download the game and contains no link to join a game.

so invites seem still limited to our stone age old GC friendslists.
can’t see an iMessage invite option.
can’t see a “search” option which enables to add new friends, like we can do in DD2 and Playdek games.
no friend codes like in Battle of Polytopia and RftG.
no password protected games like in Brass and Steam.

there are some ways to walk around the BIG apple FAIL called “GameCenter”, but it seems like Stone Age still has to do that.

please someone tell me that i’m a blind fish and just did not see it.

MEDICI update for multiplayer! great news!

1 Like

Meanwhile, over at Pocket Tactics, there’s an “introduction to Hexwar” article. The pretext is that Hexwar are bringing their special blend of design decisions and quality control to Android. Lucky Android owners.

2 Likes

1775 (and/or 1812) could have been in the top tier of board game apps along the likes of TTA if it had been made properly with a strong online component.

Looks like new stuff incoming from the devs of Guild of Dungeoneering.

Also seems like Grapefrukt (rymdkapsel, twofold inc) has something coming sometime soon as well.

1 Like

Civ6 updated with the Vikings Scenario pack. 3 new natural wonders, 6 new city states some with unique tile improvements. $4.99 USD.

There’s also a Multiplayer Compatibility pack that’s free. Very interesting.

To be clear, this is iOS.

1 Like

Where’s Poland?

I haven’t seen them yet either.

So this is the Winter 2016 patch then?

I see it now and can purchase it. $4.99

The patch has stuffed up my civ 6 install. It crashes to desktop when I’m connected to the internet and loads the free demo version when I’m not connected to the internet. Maybe worth looking into if you’re in the middle of a big game, as I’m pretty much looking at a delete and reinstall here

Bit of a false alarm, I updated my iOS and now it works fine

1 Like
2 Likes

Man, I love a good trading card RPG. I’ll be keeping an eye on this one for sure.

That art design makes my eyes bleed. I’m not a huge fan. I can look past it if the game is good, though.

A little nervous about this one. They have great pedigree but it gives off some painfully cutesy cute vibes.

Holy time machine!

Medici was like my third or fourth “real game” purchase, way back when. I figured it would just be solo play forever.

1 Like

Forgot this was coming out this week too.

1 Like