Stately Citizen Journalism

5 Likes

Tabletopia is our on iPad (out of nowhere).

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/apple-store/id1274379679?mt=8

2 Likes

I wonder if this is what @Neumannium was keeping his gob shut about.

My favorite city builder in years, Cities Skylines is having a Free To Try weekend on Steam, and all of the expansions are on sale. If you have ever wondered if you would like it, free to try is a good time to find out.

2 Likes

The Lord of Khorne is here, and heā€™s not alone.

New hard campaign, new region, 3 new classes, new items and skills, many additions to the core game starting with (at last) in dungeon ambushes!!!

1 Like

Tabletopia? Nope.

Okay, this is what I was holding out on reporting until tomorrow. We were given an embargo that wasnā€™t supposed to lift until 9:00am GMT on Feb 8, yet it seems weā€™re the only ones not out there reporting on this.

Even Perchang is breaking their own embargo by tweeting about this.

How the hell are we supposed to stand by embargoes when all they end up doing is causing us to be the last ones able to post about this.

Iā€™m a little steamed.

4 Likes

Cities: Skylines is incredible. If you havenā€™t played it before, donā€™t pass this weekend up without giving it a go.

I want to like this, but I dislike that they embargoed SP till tomorrow only to tweet and email about it today.

Edit: update is live

Very lame that theyā€™d break their own embargo!

1 Like

Will this thing make WQ2 suck less?

1 Like

Ambushes are back, which is goodā€¦ and I fully wiped, which has never happened before, so I guess the difficulty is ramped up. Havenā€™t hit the new area yet.

2 Likes

I may have to pull this out again! Might save my battered forehead from hitting it against the Dream Quest wall.

1 Like

Just suffered a total party kill in Warhammer Quest End Times.
Game is now 2.0 which is appropriate because in dungeon ambushes fundamentally change the approach imho (for the better).

Glad to have them in back at last

Still have to enter the new zone mind you, which apparently is even harder.

1 Like

Civilization VI is 50% off again for those of you who missed it he first time around. The sale apparently goes through the end of the month.

1 Like

Hostage Negotiator is out on iOS and Android.

(donā€™t have an iDevice handy)

Great solo card game.

1 Like

According to Polygon, Mayfair has been bought by Asmodee.

1 Like

BGG has the story as well.

Hereā€™s Asmodeeā€™s press release:

2 Likes

seems to be the time for acquisitions.

Slitherine has sold Pocket Tactics (and The Wargamer and Strategy Gamer too) to Network N, the company behind PCGamesN, the worldā€™s second biggest PC gaming website.

bummer!

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/exciting-announcement-pocket-tactics-is-now-part-of-network-n/

2 Likes