Stately Citizen Journalism

This screen appears normal to me now, but yesterday it was broken by a table. I don’t know if it’s the same thing misguided is talking about

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blog/164

I deleted the table that was causing the issue (I think)

Hey, that’s the one pinball game I want in my basement too! But you’d have to be a pinball maintenance pro to keep it in good working order. Every one I’ve found to play on since the 90s has dead cannons…

I played a ton of TNG growing up! And Soace Jam. I honestly don’t remember either table that well anymore, though.

My problem with real pinball tables and their virtual counterparts is that I sometimes feel like they are designed to drain. Yes, yes, I know that pinball is about keeping the ball alive, but with virtual tables not needing a constant quarter supply, I feel like the drains have become a lot more generous in modern virtual tables, not to dumb them down or make them easier, but just because they aren’t dependent on quarters.

When did this come out? Is it any good?

Metro - Das Brettspiel von Queen Games https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/metro-das-brettspiel/id1251499228?mt=8

I do not get the new App Store. There is no release date shown, and the link won’t copy when you press “copy link”. (iPad)

A few weeks ago; Dave posted about it at the time. As to whether it’s any good, I dunno; I like the board game well enough, but haven’t seen the need to try the app.

The awesome Kingom New Lands was just updated including for free Skull Island, the new DLC (out on Steam too since yesterday).

Looking forward to die repeatedly on it.

1 Like

I never fully grasped wtf I was doing in this one, but I wanted to - any tips? Helpful hints?

The (what I thought was) excellent Transistor is on sale for $2, down from $5.

1 Like

This is a shameful paste from some fast tips I gave on ResetEra. Hope it helps to get started.
Keep in mind that despite the ‘casual’ approach the game gets super deep (and super difficult).

General Kingdom tips (keep in mind I made it to the last island but I never fully completed it, so people much better than me can chime in).
Also, these tips are really generic because the real strength of the game is discovering things by your own, notably what does what and how to cope with invasion.

General tips for first island.

1. You need to survive…to do so you must build during the day and reinforce your settlements, because you can be sure it will attacked by night.
  2. First island is easy…you will be attacked by one side only…so your first thing to do is understanding from where…explore both sides of the island and see where the black portal is.
    As the horse fatigues you can’t really explore both sides in one day, so if you don’t see any portal and you are already at the coast, the attack will be from the other side.
    If you leave the horse on green grass, he recovers much faster.
  3. Reinforce walls for the said side. Hire archers and builders, upgrade your castle to be able to build walls.
  4. Don’t waste money. Collect money from chests (should be 2 in the island somewhere) and start recruiting people, possibile the far ones.
  5. build some bows and some hammers.
  6. archers shoot at rabbits and deers during the day, they can drop money out of it
  7. your main gold income at the start is the merchant. Collect money at the start of the day and give him 1 gold so he can travel to his home to bring more gold. Next day he will be back with more money. Rinse and repeat. BE SURE NOT TO DESTROY HIS HUT IN THE WOODS.
  8. There should be a temple somewhere, if you ‘power’ it with gold, your archers are more efficient. Effect lasts for a day.
  9. Main goal, once you are ‘safe’…is to have many builders rebuild the boat that should be somewhere.
  10. That’s it…this is only scratching the surface, many more things come later…from fields, mills, to knights, stone walls, castles and better horses and so on. Of course more enemies.

When you see the red moon, pray.

3 Likes

Sure did, thanks.

1 Like

According to pocketgamer, Civilization VI just came out on ipad!

I know nothing about it at all, including price, system requirements, multiplayer, etc., but the one screenshot I saw was Civ VI, not some bastardized Revolutions version.

HOLY CRAP!!! I just saw this on Toucharcade too - someone with wifi tell me this isn’t some kind of cruel April Fool’s Day in December???

It seems legit, but I hope you have an iPad Air 2 or newer if you want to play it. And 3GB.

The blurb on apshopper is interesting because is says, and I’m paraphrasing, that in addition to traditional multiplayer modes, the game has pass and play. Does that suggest that there are online multiplayer options?

Gonna have to wait until I get home to check it out, but oh man this would be awesome if true!

I might have to leave work early because of this!

It’s currently 50% off ($30). Also:

Civilization VI requires an iPad Air 2, iPad 2017, or any iPad Pro. Please note, Civilization VI on iPad includes the base game only, and does not include additional downloadable or expansion content.

Half price is $30? Or it’s half off of $30?

Shouldn’t be surprised by that, actually, but now I have to gauge how much I’ll actually play it and make a determination on whether to buy it.

Regular price is $60.

1 Like

I’d pay full price for this in a heartbeat; it’s a steal at $30 imho. I have it for my Mac, but never really play at all… so psyched to have it on my main gaming platform.