Stately Citizen Journalism

I usually just check the first two pages on this link on TA each day, plus here, plus the ios boardgame geek blog and the ios game subreddit and I probably don’t miss anything I would normally be interested in.

I have 1blocker running which cuts down on the noise on the TA website (which is apparently being rebuilt. Who knows when it goes live though). TA is still the best source for most things iOS Gaming. I also check the iOSGaming subreddit - there’s usually solid posts on release day. Otherwise? Not very many cover iOS anymore.

I sometimes check out 148 apps and pocket gamer as well as those mentioned, usually for second opinions.

It’s definitely not the usual fare here but Million Onion Hotel is a mad and charming puzzle game. Probably one for fans of You Must Build A Boat.

I’d agree that iOS news used to seem more … robust.

Touch Arcade’s issues are entirely self-induced, so no sympathy here. And there’s some others who have either become useless or else no longer exist – the other day, I actually deleted like five or six bookmarks that went to sites that are just plain gone.

Pocket Tactics … I won’t even comment.

This site is still the best for discussion, overall. Keep in mind that it’s a non-Reddit user saying that. I have no use at all for Reddit.

2 Likes

More DLC for Darkest Dungeon

2 Likes

It looks like Abalone updated with an all-new look. Asmodee is in charge of it now, but I don’t know if that came about as part of this patch or not.

The sequel to Reigns is out:

2 Likes

Looks like Apple introduced pre-ordering with iOS with the latest iOS update. I’m not sure why pre-orders are necessary in a strictly digital market marketplace. Anyways, the app store had very interesting list of games to pre-order in the “today” section:

Bridge Contructor Portal
INSIDE
Thumper
Sonic Hedgehog game
Life is Strange
Gorgoa
Antihero

The Sonic and Thumper games didn’t interest me but the rest look amazing.

Inside is supposed to be pretty great, and it’s from the same devs who did Limbo, which was an A+ port on iOS.

Only reason I can see is to offer pre-order pricing and try to drum up some cash before launch?

Dropping all these great games the very same day should be forbidden by law.

1 Like

Antihero? That would be a welcome Christmas surprise.

Antihero is in January.

Ah. I was not aware that they had actually set a date. Oh well, Jan. is not too far off.

For pinball players out there, Zen just released a new table pack which is free for consoles, switch, and pc until the 19th of December. I think the deal is to celebrate their 10th or 15th anniversary. Unfortunately, it looks like mobile was not included. The pack has 2 tables. They are zen originals. One has a carnival theme and the other a Hercules theme.

This is for Pinball FX3.

1 Like

Mobile got the update, not sure about pricing yet. I’ll check later as I am addicted to Zen Pinball.

FEZ is out in the AppStore.

Damn Apple.
Damn.

1 Like

Cool, our Switch should be arriving tomorrow. I was going to not open it until my daughter’s school is out, but I might now hook it up, get it all setup while she is at school, download Zen Pinball free tables, and then wrap it all up again.

1 Like

Wait, Zen is out on the Switch? Interesting…

I bought my Switch at launch mainly following the hype of that mini NES that I never got. I thought it would be cool to use those little Joy Con controllers as NES controllers and play all of the old NES classics. Unfortunately, Nintendo hasn’t given us a virtual console yet, but I’ve been hooked by other games. Zelda and Mario Odyssey are masterpieces, and there are quite a few other games on the system that are worth playing. I’m thinking of getting Skyrim simply because the notion of a portable Skyrim (or a Skyrim that I can play in the office because my kids insisted on watching a Wiggles DVD) is very appealing. Most of what the system has to offer might not fall under the Stately umbrella of this site, but I’ve been very pleased with the system thus far.

2 Likes