Stately Citizen Journalism

Me neither - one of the reasons it piqued my interest. Might bite the bullet later tonight, I’ll start a thread if I do.

Somebody gave Grid Autosport a try?
Kinda curious, is it good?

I picked it up and have 2 observations:

1. It’s so, so, so pretty.
  2. I can’t drive for shit.

Due to my complete failure as a human being, I suck as any game that requires dexterity, including racing games. There are settings to make the driving as arcade-like and friendly as possible, or as hardcore as you could want. I have them at the easiest settings and still continuously drive off the course.

There’s a career mode and a ton of stuff to dig up. If you like racing games, I’m not sure you can beat it for $10. It feels like a full console/PC title on your phone.

I’m using an 8+ with a lot of empty space. I think it takes up 6GB or something? It’s pretty crazy for a mobile game, but did I mention it looks really pretty?

1 Like

Number 2 is what has made me steer clear so far. I’m awful at those tilt-your-phone-to-move-your-car / spaceship type games.

Looks like Asmodee released a new version of Carcassone on Android (not sure about iOS)

I forget what the deal was here - I don’t think they have the iOS rights or something like that?

1 Like

I don’t think they are working on an ios version, but what a scary thought that is! Imagine if Carcassone, a game that’s been doing it right since the early days of ios gaming, were suddenly stripped of asynch.

Civilization Revolution 2 has been updated to work on ios 11.

Yeah, Coding Monkeys still control the iOS version. Asmodee created an Android and PC/Mac version.

To be a little picky, unless I’m missing something, the iOS version of Carcassonne only has asynch play for games with friends. Games with randoms are synch only, I think, which explains why I don’t play more Carcassonne.

Perhaps. I only play with friends so I’m unsure.

but it’s easy to add new friends by email or iMessage.

Maybe so, but I like the ability to start an asynch game with people I don’t know.

The Elders Scrolls Legends has a new story expansion named Return to Clockwork City.

yes, i learned the most in playing Brass games with strong strangers.
Brass community is a bit special because nearly no dropouts.
(btw we really need to play the 2nd SP Brass championship.)

and i really should consider playing a Terra Mystica ranking game with strangers :thinking:

My experience with it is that you really shouldn’t. I haven’t made it through a game without at least half of the players timing out…

2 Likes

ouch :persevere:
but the games will go on then with A.I. substitutes?

Yes… but there’s no joy in having to finish a game off against all AI players.

There is when you are as bad as I am…

Feeling completely out of touch with what is happening on iOS. With the move to 11, there’s no more TA app, and even though the app was flawed and half the functionality didn’t work properly, it was still far better than their sorry excuse for a website. I don’t even want to go there…