Stately Citizen Journalism

iOS? Any release date? I do love me some abstracts…

AFAIK it’s Android first to test the waters, then releasing simultaneously on multiple platforms.

No clue on release date. Guessing they’d announce that on Twitter or their website.

http://www.bearwaves.com

2 Likes

Castles of Mad King Lidwig is on sale for .99. I guess that’s a good deal if you like board games you can’t play with friends…

1 Like

Talked to your friend about the game (Will post about it tomorrow) and he told me it will be releasing on all platforms simultaneously, including iOS.

2 Likes

7 Wonders is out.

I beta tested it and wasn’t really impressed, but I lost interest pretty early in the beta and had real life things that took precedence so seeing how long it took to get it out, maybe it’s stellar (hopefully).

Anyway…

7 Wonders di Repos Production

EDIT: for some reason I can’t post the AppStore link.

Was it the game or the implementation that you didn’t like?

Actually a bit of both but maybe it’s just me and hopefully final version is great.

No iPhone, sync and online only are always a huge bummer to me.
Didn’t help I’m not a crazy fan of the game either (but I may be alone in this).

This must be a region locked sale because it looks to be $7 on both iTunes and Google Play to me.

I was basing it on appshopper.com, which is usually reliable for me. I did just check the App Store, however, and it is $7 for me as well. Sorry about that.

Huh, I’ve never had appshopper steer me wrong, either. Weird. Wonder if it was mistakenly put on sale for a minute and then corrected.

It’s not. http://statelyplay.com/2017/11/14/review-7-wonders/

2 Likes

The game is fine (albeit very light and non-interactive), but the app feels like it would have been dated if it were released back in 2013. One level of AI, no online options other than quick match. That means no playing with friends or family, you’re always just dumped into a room with strangers. No in-game chat. The UI is clunky and boring. There are no animations, no “wow” factor at all. It’s bare bones and fine if you really love 7 Wonders. If you’re not a huge fan of the board game, though, I can’t see recommending it.

Just read.
Sadly, your review of the final game mirror my last impression of the beta, long ago when I dropped it.
Beside the clunkiness (of the beta) it just felt lifeless.

Disappointment of the Year is going to be a crowded field.

2 Likes

Looks like the United: Command expansion just dropped for Star Realms, according to the patch notes in the update I just installed.

Hits early access today. Has the look and feel of Darkest Dungeon, but more expansive exploration and a card based combat. I’ll probably be biting on this one, since I LOVE Darkest Dungeon and Space in equal measures.

Yeah, I cursed (in a good way) when I first saw it on Steam.

It looks like Catan Universe has launched on iOS. I’m not entirely sure what it is but it looks like they’ve taken Catan and put it into a free-to-play app with online as a focus.

Was unaware that Apple could force install an update when someone leaves their device off for a couple months. Booted up my iPad to try out Flipflop Solitaire and had the pleasure of experiencing the new update already installed, and several of my games no longer being able to run.

&^%* you Apple.

it’s intrusive behavior!
although i have disabled all kinds of automatic downloads the iOS 11 update keeps invading my device, downloading 1.2 GB and trying to trick me into activating the install.
but what has happened to you makes me speechless :flushed:

f@&€ you apple!