Stately Citizen Journalism

Glad everything’s ok!!!

Those can be scary things. Had my own Dad emergency last January. shiver

many gamers say so in appstore rating comments :pensive:

the non-functional links in inviting emails are a definite downgrade compared to BDC times.
at least we could play with new friends then.
complicated and low comfort, but we could.

the app is kind of totally screwed now.
to be honest: disappointment of the year!
the game is so good. but the app is ruined.

The one nice thing about 3.0 graphic design is that in the tabletop game you can field a 3.0 army against its 2.0 counterpart. Someday I might manage a Doomsday vs. Doomsday match and make my head explode.

I just want more Neuroshima Hex PUZZLE

Reviews be damned, I picked it up anyway.

Seems like a fairly polished clone of DreamQuest but without the map movement, and themed around the Red Riding Hood fairy tale.

Instead of moving on a grid, you pick from 3 options until you run through a stack of cards.

I’d say it’s worth the price point at the very least.

1 Like

Curious if anyone has played this? Looks intriguing but has mixed reviews…

I tried it on PC as I fell for the early hype, was expecting something like a Lofi version of No Man’s Sky, but it plays more like a Metroid Prime that didn’t quite have enough time in the oven. There’s a few procedurally generated sections, but they’re just filler in between the statically designed story planets, and there’s not much replay value from what I could tell.

I ended up getting a refund.

1 Like

Thanks- I was on the fence based on the mixed reviews, but it’s nice to hear an opinion here.

Just got my beta invite from the Asmodeeverlords for Mille Bornes. :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t run out of gas on the way over.

1 Like

I haven’t played the game for ages. I remember eons ago when I was studying French, we would occasionally break it out and be forced to play - and converse - in French. Now thinking about Mille Borne makes me realize how much of my life I’ve wasted…

1 Like

@Neumannium may be personally responsible for countless burst blood vessels and possibly a heart attack or two over at BGG…just saying…

3 Likes

I’m trying…

2 Likes

That was one of your best headlines yet…

Edit: and I left a post saying that. I hate that you can’t change BGG names grrrrr

1 Like

XenoShyft recently updated, but what’s more interesting in whatever improvements the game may have made is that in the update notes its says they are preparing for “version 2.0.”

I personally like the game quite a bit but don’t play it that often on account of two things: 1) it is ridiculously hard; and 2) the lack of asynch. I’m doubtful that a new version will add asynch since the game allows you to play during your partner’s turn, but maybe, just maybe…

Anyways, I think it is a bit of a shame that the game gets more overlooked than it does.

I gave XenoShyft a ton of love at PT and it was my #1 game at BGG that year as well. Great solo cooperative game. I’m assuming the 2.0 version will add some of the content from XenoShyft: Dreadmire. Can’t wait! That will be fantastic!

1 Like

Yes, I seem to recall your praises over at PT. You probably led me to download it, and for that I thank you.

Also, good job translating my pre-coffee writing. I’m not sure that quote you pulled even makes sense…

1 Like

Card City Nights 2 just released. I enjoyed the first, and I’m always happy about CCGs that are self-contained and have no IAP, so I’m sure I will give this a try sometime.

My coworker and a couple other people are working on a mobile abstract board game, and just released this trailer for it.

1 Like