Stately Citizen Journalism

Was it as… emotionally draining… as This War of Mine? Or more tongue in cheek?

I’d say less emotionally draining, but definitely not a funny or light-hearted game.

long awaited Neuroshima Hex update by Portal is live.
so Bid Daddy Creations is out of the picture now.

1 Like

Uranopolis is available now, too!

Came to post this too lol- downloading now, and I smell a tournament!

but…it’s not the great new beginning of a better online client.
no password protected private games :flushed:
only the old ingame (based on) GC friendslist, plus email invites.
so we can play with strangers, but it’s no state-of-the-art comfort.

as far as i remember this is exactly what we had before :anguished:
i can tell you that @TheDukester will not be amused.

so what have we got? updated graphics (same as in actual cardboard edition) and one new army.
definitely disappointing.

Ugh, seriously? I was hoping for better multiplayer- I’d take that over the graphics…

1 Like

any time! and i’m not really sure that the graphics are better now.

and this update took nearly a year to come out.

What a bummer! I was hoping they would bring multiplayer to a level of Playdek. Too bad. Maybe they are still working on it?

Stuck at work! I’ll have to check it out later.

Such a good game … I really hope this is a decent update.

Several games have been mentioned. Which one are you guys talking about?

Neuroshima Hex

Neuroshima Hex by Portal Games
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/neuroshima-hex/id391297152?mt=8

tighten your seatbelt, Duke!
ready for impact?
you must be strong now.
try to hold back the tears.
allowance for rage admitted.
because for preserving mental sanity that’s better than silent suffering and sobbing.

oh, how i wish that would be true :disappointed_relieved:

Portal does have more of a vested interest in making sure their apps are good representations of their games. As they develop more software, maybe they will continue to work on NSH…wishful thinking, I know.

First impression: it’s identical, but with a new publisher’s logo.

The new army is nice; I would have wagered that we were never going to see more NH stuff.

Big Daddy’s is obviously done. I think Eclipse broke their brains … only half-joking here. They were never the same after that struggle.

1 Like

so you are ok with the same old crooked multiplayer invite stuff?
i am thoroughly disappointed by that.
but what can we do? play a tourney nonetheless?!

update:
@js619 has sent me an invite email (we are not on our archaic and outdated ingame GC friendslists), but the link does not function.

what a fumble!

i guess Portal may be inexperienced and clueless with online multiplayer subtleties. but obviously publishing the update without a single test check is a bit extreme.

Portal just pasted new graphics and logo on a rotten and rusted vehicle?

No, I hate it … but I expected it.

Neither company involved knows how to do multiplayer. And the system implemented by Big Daddy’s is so outrageously bad that it’s not worth tinkering with — only a completely new system will save the game at this point. And Portal does not appear interested in that.

Separate subject: I loathe the 3.0 graphics. I’d actually pay an IAP fee if they’d introduce an option for switching to the original graphics.

2 Likes

Sorry for the lack of content today, gents. Ended up having a medical emergency with my dad this morning (he’s fine) which turned into an all-day hangout with him.

Thanks for sticking with us!

1 Like