Stately Citizen Journalism

Anybody played this? Apparently it borrows from Dream Quest?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/night-of-the-full-moon/id1278845241?mt=8[/

Havenā€™t picked it up, but it only has one 2/5 rating and no written reviews on Android.

I picked up Jaipur for my (Android) phone because it was $1, with the intention of checking out the multiplayer to see if it allows inviting friends or only random games. I cannot log in to the Asmodee servers, just says ā€œconnectingā€ forever. Are their servers having trouble with the sale and all, or is this problem exclusive to me?

It appears that the login servers are better now, and my worst fears re: multiplayer are true. No friend invites, ugh.

It is mind boggling to me that in this day and age we have the power to connect friends together from anywhere and at any time all in the palm of our hands and developers just wonā€™t do it.

3 Likes

Absolutely amazing deckbuilder-banner saga-roguelike in development. One thing thatā€™s really cool mechanically is that your leader has a deck, which can be modified by equipment and learning new things. Your convoy is a different deck, composed of all the people in your convoy. Rescue people along the way or have enemies surrender? They become new cards you can use in your deck. Great stuff.

Combat is turn-based and borrows a lot from CCG-style play (e.g. Most units canā€™t attack the turn they are placed on the board. Only units in the front of a particular row can attack unless they are ranged. The leader cards take the place of spells in a game like MtG.

Only played very briefly bu it seems very slick so far. The developer is very receptive to feedback and I encourage anyone with a passing interest in deckbuilders to check this one out. A purchase now entitles you to a steam key when the game releases mid-2018

Trailer:

Gameplay by Splattercat:

6 Likes

Fantasy Flight Interactive Studio Formed to Bring Fantasy Flightā€™s Tabletop Properties to the Digital Realm

Me like.

2 Likes

Iā€™m torn. It sounds as if the digital division is focused on making new game experiences rather than porting games from their tabletop library. This isnā€™t necessarily a terrible thing, but Iā€™m concerned that instead of getting digital ports of Android: Netrunner and Eldritch Horror, I might be getting an Android: Netrunner interactive fiction and Eldritch Horror match-3.

1 Like

They lost me at ā€œSteamā€ā€¦

I agree. I personally havneā€™t played a game on my PC for probably 5 years now, not because none of them interest me, but because of time, my unwillingness to upgrade hardware, and my unwillingness to hole up in my office. I have other platforms for gaming, and PC is less than an afterthought. I tend to assume that if mobile can handle it, though, a well-received game on Steam has a chance to make its way to mobile.

3 Likes

I went 100% the other way. I always have a PC handy, for professional as well as personal reasons, and I got fed up with Appleā€™s update schedule and willingness to break old games (and force developers to pick up the pieces). Donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever buy an iPad again.

1 Like

Iā€™m with @Kolbex. After years of excitement about the new possibilities of tablets and phones, I now loathe playing on them anything beyond a few minutes. Something to do with neck problemsā€¦and Apples way of treating their gaming customers, as if we were something they would rather not have to be ā€œseen-withā€.

1 Like

I do agree with both your assessments regarding Apple and itā€™s apparent attitude towards gaming. For the record.

4 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s pretty strange that I agree with all the factual claims of both sides of this issue. Mostly, I just like lounging on my couch. If I had a Surface, I could see doing more computer-based gaming (whatever ā€œcomputerā€ means these days), but sitting at my desk feels like getting ready to do work, and I guess I want to keep it that way.

1 Like

I spend a lot of time in front of the computer while weā€™re eating/watching TV, so Steam games do work for me a little bit. Loving Tomb of Annihilation right now.

But we buy iOS gift cards on sale (buying a $100 Apple gift card for $80 means I have $20 free!) so I have a lot of Apple money. Makes buying mobile stuff a lot easier when Iā€™m not seeing a charge on the credit card. :slight_smile:

It breaks my heart that they implemented an annoying LoS system instead of the simple Targeting system from the board game just to preserve the gameā€™s aesthetics. :frowning:

1 Like

So, thereā€™s thisā€¦

Very clearly says ā€œApp Storeā€ at the end! No release date or actual gameplay shown, though.

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s coming to Steam, iOS, and android.

1 Like

Anyone have any experience with this? It piqued my interest at ā€œpost-apocalyptic.ā€

Sheltered by Team17 Software Ltd

I enjoyed it on Steam. Youā€™ve got some survival equipment in your shelter to start with, but itā€™s shoddily thrown together and never enough to satisfy. You search the irradiated wasteland you used to call home for supplies and repair and upgrade your shelter. You meet up with good strangers (more mouths to feed, junk collecting traders) and the not so good (gangs, irradiated animals). A good stressful time management game.