Stately Citizen Journalism

Oh, I’m just messing around. Sometimes it doesn’t come across well in text.

I’m glad I have the original Agricola because I’ve heard observations similar to yours.

This released this morning - supposed to be a great puzzler in the vein of The Witness.

Looking into it right now. Thanks for the tip!

Talos Principle is an excellent environmental puzzle game. I played it on my Mac. If you can get past the existential philosophy lesson, I highly recommend it. The game walks you through about 5 unique mechanics that you will utilize in creative ways to solve each puzzle. I’m a little concerned about the touch controls though. The time rewind mechanic requires some actions to be done fairly quickly and it can be like a platformer. You also have these prism like laser refractors that can be finicky to place in just the right position.

This is me after reading this! I was out of touch with the internet because of health reasons and that information flew right by me.

I backed the Steamversion always hoping (always the optimist eh?) for a mobile port…this game is so awesome!
Now I don’t have to spend tons of hours in front of my pc to play this but will be able to play it on the go!

The game is a mash up of an ATB-battle system (think 8-/16-/32-bit era Final Fantasy games) + XCOM Basebuilding + Awesome Sprite art + Spaceships + customizeable Red (Blue, Yellow)shirts. And is really fun.

I hope it gets some good coverage here and there as the original may be an instant cult-classic but is a bit drowning in Kickstarter/greenlight medicority on steam and a bit hard to find.

3 Likes

Battle for Wesnoth has finally been updated.

What’s New in Version 1.13.10

• After a long wait, we’re back with the latest and greatest update, version 1.13.10.
  • Renewed graphics, units, campaigns, everything!
  • Touch controls were completely rewritten. As a bonus, PC users get the same touch controls.
  • iOS version is not a separate project any longer, but is tightly integrated into mainline sources. This results in more frequent updates.
4 Likes

It is a fairly common occurrence these days, but it looks like Asmodee is having a sale across most of their games not named Smash Up.

In news other than the fact that it’s T-minus less than 3 hours till WHQ2 here on the US east coast and I can’t contain myself much longer, Battle of Polytopia just updated to include a new tribe… no idea how they’re different as I haven’t fired it up yet.

1 Like

Warhammer Quest 2 by Perchang

:slight_smile:

Oh look, Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander by Massive Damage, Inc.

$6.99 USD

I can’t wait for tonight so I can actually dig into it.

1 Like

Looks like Afghanistan ‘11 is finally coming to iOS next week-

2 Likes

Brave hand just landed in Early Access on Android.

Has the feel of Sage Solitaire with some stunning fantasy art and a solid push your luck mechanic.

2 Likes

Too bad there’s no early access on iOS. I applied for the beta for that game but didn’t get in. Hopefully this is a sign that release is close anyway.

GMT Games just released an updated Dev Diary for the digital version of Commands and Colors Ancients, with many screen shots. For those of you who are not subscribed to their mailing list, here’s a link:

GMT Games Update 10/19

(It’s about 1/4 of the way down- search for “Dev Diary”)

1 Like

Sounds interesting!

Seems pretty polished already. It seems the developer is mostly asking for feedback on how quickly the unlocks are unlocked, whether the monetization seems fair (it does, something like £2.99 to remove ads and open all game modes), and if the free-to-play elements seem worthwhile (so far, ads after losing, or an optional ad to get a chunk of unlock currency), and getting a good spread of devices running the game (which is KEY for Android developement, so many different specs / screen sizes to cope with)

The only issue I’m running into on my pixel is some of the animations cause a real drain on my battery and make the device hot, but that’s always the case with Unity games, has sprung up in every TinyTouchTales game I’ve beta tested too. The easiest fix is to have some sort of disable animations option, which BH has.

1 Like

After 1775, I won’t spend a dime on anything Hexwar has put their grimy paws on.

1 Like

Twilight Struggle is on sale, both on iOS and Android, for those amongst us who have yet to purchase it (if they exist).

1 Like

I can’t imagine any such people exist on this site, but they ought to buy the game if they haven’t.

The TS sale is part of the massive Asmodee sale currently ongoing, and, since Playdek actually developed the game, TS is the rare Asmodee title with multiplayer that won’t make you gouge your eyes out.

2 Likes
1 Like