Stately Citizen Journalism

I don’t think you have to play the first one to enjoy this, but you’re missing out - it was a great game!

I actually didn’t care for it. There were several parts where your gold could be stolen, and with the IAP’s for more gold it screamed of a scummy tactic to get more money. I thought the characters were pretty well done, along with the IAP characters, but I much preferred Demons Rise over Warhammer

I did forget about that part…

The ‘they stole your gold’ events were straight from the boardgame it was based on.

It’s a pity that freemium games ruined the perception of this.

I completed the game several times (I think 7 or 8 times) and gold was never a problem (of course I never bought consumables, as I never do).

Interesting. I didn’t realize it was based on an actual boardgame.

The problem of this IAP is: you have events like that with no explanation and no way to mitigate it alongside IAP’s for the resource being stolen. If they didn’t have the Gold IAP, or there was a way to stop those events from happening, I would have been much happier with it.

I felt the exact same way. Here’s this guy guiding me and I have to replace him? With someone who’s so pessimistic?

I have never participated in a SP (or PT for that matter) tournament or anything. Not because I don’t love all of you, but because I figure I’d be easy fodder for all you sharks. That said, I want in a TtA tournament if/when one gets set up. Never having done the tourney scene, I’ll need some help so if you guys could drop me a note when one is getting put together, I’d love to jump in.

5 Likes

Heck yes. I’m with you @Neumannium - I want to be part of one too. Having never really played the boardgame, I’m still finding TtA a great game.

Hey, guyz! New players!

6 Likes

In the original boardgame, when you saved enough gold to level up your character in the next settlement visit, you were pretty much certain something bad happening along the way…usually they stole your gold so you had to enter another dungeon and maybe die…(the game is absolutely brutal).

That’s part of the reasons it’s a so loved game and prices are out of the roof for a copy (even if luckily Games Workshop published two games in the same vein recently, Silver Tower being my fav one since the original Warhammer Quest).

I understand one immediately points the finger to the ‘thief dev’ wanting to steal your money, in this absurd scene set by freemium games ridden with iaps (I actually warned the devs back in the days about this kind of perception), but I can assure you it wasn’t the case.
Ignore the gold iap (as everyone else I guess, I’m pretty sure nobody ever paid for that) and enjoy one fantastic game (played at hardcore is imho one of the best tbs ever).
Just know very bad things can happen…so they can steal your gold, you can break a leg, be poisoned…without anything you can do about it.
One time a lightening almost killed my Marauder because of his steel armor.

I love this game.
But I love the boardgame too and the Old World setting.

1 Like

Fish are friends, NOT FOOD

4 Likes

that came totally unexpected for a (kind of?) unsupported game!

Knizia’s Qin got an update for fixing bugs and for upgrading to 64-bit!

it’s a very enjoyable light but not shallow game.
i’m glad it won’t get lost now. i had played lots of MP games.

a little tourney might be on my roadmap.
game got iMessage invite feature now.

It has been so long since that app was updated, when I saw it yesterday, I thought it was a new release.

OH this looks really interesting. I’ve been waiting for this game since I saw a trailer for it.

NEXT JUMP: Shmup Tactics, given a favourable review by Alex Connolly of this parish, is currently 20% off on Steam; so if the £3.99 was putting you off, it’s a little cheaper for a few days. It’s pushed me to take the punt, so this is just a small heads-up for anyone else interested in doing so.

Frost

How do you play the FrigoMancer scenario? It calls for 20 cold days, but I just cannot figure out how to get one! Do I need to reduce the cold (number of cards in hand) down to 0 and then move? I can see reducing it one or two cards (not all), then moving, but that doesn’t appear to get me closer to the goal. Making it colder requires healing or discarding 2 cards. To get it to 0, I’d need to do that 5 times. Even with one heal, that is 8 cards and 2 days in the same place, minimum! Then do it 20 times!? That’s crazy.

Still haven’t done the Priest, Skeptic, or Recruiter.

Haven’t given that one a go yet. Will revisit Frost this weekend and see if I can beat it.

1 Like

Steam store page up for Dresden Files:

Good catch! There’s no info to speak of on that page, unfortunately.

Website says beta projected for mid-October with release on Steam in Q4 and mobile to follow.

Another new one from Asmodee just popped up in my twitter feed. Out now.

http://www.asmodee-digital.com/en/harald/

(asynchronous and real time option for multiplayer)

1 Like