Stately Citizen Journalism

Searches the play store for through the ages.

Sighs.

Searches the play store for through the ages…

2 Likes

Lots of geeks on the edge of their seats tonight I bet

Picked that up last night. Enjoying it much more than Kingdom Rush. It’s still got that same level of polish and TD feel to it even though it’s not an outright tower defense game.

1 Like

We are awaiting the approval of Apple intensively: so we will release on both platforms at 5 pm GMT, today OR only Android and iOS later pic.twitter.com/nMS81irJUD

1 Like

Apparently, even though CGE only supported English and Czech as languages supported in the app, Apple failed their submission because you couldn’t write chinese characters in the text fields.

Hence them having to resubmit and wait until 5pm today to launch both platforms instead of just hitting the button at 12:01am.

1 Like

live on android!

1 Like

Someone needs to photoshop that image with a thumbs down for Apple…

CGE is on the bleeding edge of tutorial jokes.

3 Likes

The first time I got there I seriously paused and was like WTF is this?

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, they got me too…

1 Like

iOS version of TtA is good to go:
https://twitter.com/czechgames/status/908484869113700358

4 Likes

Seriously. I’ve never felt emotionally invested in a choice I needed to make in a tutorial. I felt so bad about replacing Ancient Vlaada with Leonardo Da Vinci.

2 Likes

Absolutely GLORIOUS.

1 Like

Is it out or are you in the bèta? @Pitta

It’s out in a month, 19 October.
Beta has not yet started, I may or may not be part of it.

Looks really awesome so far, judging by the trailer.

1 Like

Good lord, that’s beautiful! Cannot wait for this one…

I’m trying to avoid spoilers, or hype, even, but I’m hoping there are some characters that are not your typical warrior/mage/rogue archetypes.

One of the things that absolutely kills me about both Warhammer properties is how the wealth of lore is absolutely ignored in most games. I mean, how many 40k Marines vs. Tyrranids games do we need? Where are the Tau, Necrons, Eldaar, etc.? I don’t know the regular Warhammer universe all that well, but I remember looking through models and thinking that there were some cool armies out there. Warhammer Quest did an ok job giving us a witch hunter and ogre, but I still felt that a majority of the characters were some variation of warrior/mage/rogue.

CGE did a really stellar job on Through the Ages

2 Likes

This looks great, just out.

Warbands: Bushido di Red Unit, OOO

1 Like

Guessing you played the first one. I have it, but don’t think I ever got very far with it. Do you recommend playing the first or just waiting for the new one (I have no shortage of things to play)