Stately Citizen Journalism

Inkbound is solid. I put about 5 hours into it, and looking forward to spending some time with 1.0

1 Like

The triple-i initiative, a showcase of indie trailers and announcements, is airing now …

… and the very first announcement was Slay the Spire 2 enters early access on Steam in 2025. :exploding_head:

Wishlist here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2868840/Slay_the_Spire_2/

5 Likes

The makers of Evolution have a new game in Beta - Nature, which looks to evolve the system and make it modular.

You can check it out here

https://newsletter.northstargames.com/r/0795f96af6bfcac6a22bf0294?ct=YTo1OntzOjY6InNvdXJjZSI7YToyOntpOjA7czo1OiJlbWFpbCI7aToxO2k6Mzc7fXM6NToiZW1haWwiO2k6Mzc7czo0OiJzdGF0IjtzOjIyOiI2NjE2YzRlMDAxZTM1OTQzNjY2OTE2IjtzOjQ6ImxlYWQiO3M6NDoiMTY2OCI7czo3OiJjaGFubmVsIjthOjE6e3M6NToiZW1haWwiO2k6Mzc7fX0%3D&

My biggest concern is that of the 3 characters the cinematic seems to show, it looks like we have Ironclad and Silent back in the game. I know they are fairly standard archetypes but I hope they feel a little different.

2 Likes

Got an email from Horrible Guild that a digital edition of Evergreen will be available on Steam & iOS April 22. Game looks interesting, but I know nothing about it–anyone here have any experience with it?

Can’t confirm, haven’t played in forever

I’ve heard of this game but don’t know much about it. It has a trial period so i’ll give it a whirl.

5 Likes

It was my favourite game of all time when it released on steam a few years ago. I’m absolutely diving back into it for completionist sake on mobile.

2 Likes

Yeah, I had pre-bought it. I loved it on PC, but anything on the PC has to compete with so many other games if I am there, especially my love of ARPGs and how much I play Path of Exile. So I never got that far in it. Now on my iPad, it will get good airplane play time when I travel.

4 Likes

Fml, as if I needed another device with this game on it or another reason to procrastinate my paper due Friday.

1 Like

It’s got a pretty solid implementation on mobile. You can do drag or tap for card tiles and inventory items, and optional zoom in when placing tiles if you’ve got a smaller screen device. Otherwise exactly as good as I remember it on PC.

1 Like

I’ve never played it before and I haven’t bought the full game unlock yet; I’ll likely dive in deeper when I next travel. I’m just here to say that everything is perfectly legible on an iPhone. There is an option to enlarge text and where it continues to be small, you can always tap or hold to enlarge it.

The only niggle I have - and it’s just a tiny nitpick - but I don’t like when a game’s solution to the iPhone resolution is just to put bars on the side of the screen. Dicey Dungeons does the same. Oh well.

Does Loop Hero have iCloud backup?

Yup. Already bought lol. If it did portrait I’d never put it down.

Great game for sure. Perfect for mobile. Unsure on iCloud, I haven’t loaded it on my iPad yet

I answered my own question - Loop Hero has a file in my iCloud, so it seems progress is, indeed, saved.

1 Like

It is indeed–played on my iPad this morning, then verified on my phone that the save was there. I both love and hate this feature (because it’ll make the game harder to put down).

1 Like

$250 USD to someone who writes my Public Policy Process seven pager so I can play Loop Hero and watch a Yankees rerun

eta: due Friday lol

2 Likes

Self-control issues aside, I think it’s an essential feature for a game with progression.

2 Likes

Only one of those things seems like it’s worth your time, and it’s not the Yankees rerun.

2 Likes

That depends on which Yankees game it is.

2 Likes