Stately Citizen Journalism

Goddammit 353 again. This is the third time. I’m going to delete this damn game as soon as I score 354+.

6 Likes

361 here and all the achievements except winning three hard in a row. I’ve gotten 2 but then the game turns on me.

2 Likes

In two pieces of news from Toucharcade, it seems Mi-Clos of Out There fame has shuttered their doors.

And, “highly regarded” Howl is out on iOS and Android; free to try with an IAP for full unlock. Never played it but downloaded and will give it a try.

3 Likes

Huh. I was about to mention Sigma Theory never releasing for iOS - I mentioned it in the vapourware thread in January 2020 - but it turns out it released last year. Ok, bought it finally, before it gets pulled. @OhBollox was generally enthusiastic about the PC release in May of that year, according to a forum search. Well, let’s see how it holds up.

3 Likes

Completely unrelated to any of this news I actually bought Sigma Theory on iOS about a month ago and it’s sitting in my “learn to play” folder. Planing on giving it a go on an upcoming trip. It looks solid.

1 Like

Sigma Theory is on a notable discount on GOG:

I found it to be charmingly janky. I definitely appreciated how open it was, it seemed very much like a barebones solo board game ported violently onto PC when I played it.

3 Likes

Oh, I wanted to download Out There before it gets pulled, but it’s not out there anymore (iOS)… at least not in my region.

Still was on the Nintendo eShop for me if that helps

1 Like

Looks like Inkbound releases next week?

I bought it ages ago in early access after someone here mentioned it, but haven’t had a chance to play. Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Inkbound is solid. I put about 5 hours into it, and looking forward to spending some time with 1.0

1 Like

The triple-i initiative, a showcase of indie trailers and announcements, is airing now …

… and the very first announcement was Slay the Spire 2 enters early access on Steam in 2025. :exploding_head:

Wishlist here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2868840/Slay_the_Spire_2/

5 Likes

The makers of Evolution have a new game in Beta - Nature, which looks to evolve the system and make it modular.

You can check it out here

https://newsletter.northstargames.com/r/0795f96af6bfcac6a22bf0294?ct=YTo1OntzOjY6InNvdXJjZSI7YToyOntpOjA7czo1OiJlbWFpbCI7aToxO2k6Mzc7fXM6NToiZW1haWwiO2k6Mzc7czo0OiJzdGF0IjtzOjIyOiI2NjE2YzRlMDAxZTM1OTQzNjY2OTE2IjtzOjQ6ImxlYWQiO3M6NDoiMTY2OCI7czo3OiJjaGFubmVsIjthOjE6e3M6NToiZW1haWwiO2k6Mzc7fX0%3D&

My biggest concern is that of the 3 characters the cinematic seems to show, it looks like we have Ironclad and Silent back in the game. I know they are fairly standard archetypes but I hope they feel a little different.

2 Likes

Got an email from Horrible Guild that a digital edition of Evergreen will be available on Steam & iOS April 22. Game looks interesting, but I know nothing about it–anyone here have any experience with it?

Can’t confirm, haven’t played in forever

I’ve heard of this game but don’t know much about it. It has a trial period so i’ll give it a whirl.

5 Likes

It was my favourite game of all time when it released on steam a few years ago. I’m absolutely diving back into it for completionist sake on mobile.

2 Likes

Yeah, I had pre-bought it. I loved it on PC, but anything on the PC has to compete with so many other games if I am there, especially my love of ARPGs and how much I play Path of Exile. So I never got that far in it. Now on my iPad, it will get good airplane play time when I travel.

4 Likes

Fml, as if I needed another device with this game on it or another reason to procrastinate my paper due Friday.

1 Like