Stately Citizen Journalism

I’ll be downloading it tonight!

Not sure how long it will take before I’m up to playing an actual player…

From Dave’s recent BGG blog post:

If you’re worried that it’s only for Windows, fret not! Playdek has stated in an update that it currently works in Catalina for Mac, but there are issues with Mac/Steam preventing them from posting that version at this point in time. Also, they are going to support iOS and Android, so you can expect to have this on your tablet as the very least a short time after it appears in full-release on the big screen.

2 Likes

I believe they said on the Steam forums that Mac is a couple of weeks away, and mobile is targeted for summer.

2 Likes

Following up my news about Riot soft launching Legends of Runeterra, if I’m Riot, I am working overtime all weekend to launch the game worldwide, even in a beta state. With the world shitting down, you have an audience eager for distraction.

3 Likes

Lol, that was supposed to say “shutting down” but I guess the message got across…

2 Likes

We’ve been discussing the IL-2 Sturmovik flight sim series, and the Tactical Air War dynamic campaign multi-player server, over in the “What are you playing?” thread.

The IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles series is now having a “‘Cabin Fever’ Promo Codes Launched - 50-75% Off Select Items” promotion.

If you create a new account on their site, the promo codes will appear in the account on Monday, ideally:

If your cart “used” your code or you are a brand new user account today, we will get you codes on Monday. If your cart “used” your code before you actually paid, please write to support and they will send you a new code on Monday. We will generate codes for new accounts on a daily basis starting next week. We apologize for the inconvenience.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/59583-50-75-off-promo-codes-launched/?tab=comments#comment-905654

I’ll tag @Kolbex in case he’s not locked down in DCS, and can work on his IL-2 collection. :slightly_smiling_face:

He was right! It’s currently racking up hours of play on my 9 year old Macbook and all is good. It’s naturally a bit ropey UI-wise but the rules appear to be being implemented correctly. I’ve never been that convinced about even the original Rulebook, in that it makes it appear more complicated than it really is, and needs a shorter précis to summarise the goals & actions, but it bodes very well.

If anyone needs to while away some time over the next couple of months or so… you could do far worse than this game.

1 Like

Does anyone know of any iOS games that have private servers? Private persistent servers would be even cooler. I know Minecraft does, but does anything else exist along those lines?

I am not a Hearthstone fan. I want to love it but the RNG is way, way too heavy for the competitive game it is. That said, there is a rather large update coming in less than a month that introduces the Demon Hunter hero, which is kind of cool since there haven’t been any new heroes since the game launched. I’m sure I’ll pick it up to try it out then throw my phone in disgust a few minutes later.

Charter stone is coming to iOS March 26!

2 Likes

Sheesh, sorry for spamming the board. GoG is having their spring sale with many titles heavily discounted. You know, in case you’re stuck at home for some reason and need entertainment…

1 Like

I don’t know exactly why I can’t get into Hearthstone, I just fail to get enthused with it. I think that I don’t invest heavily enough to have the cards to be able to use the recommended meta decks is part of it, I feel like an outsider.

I bought Dungeons 3 today on the Steam sale, @Neumannium gave it a good review. :sunglasses:

You listen to him?

1 Like

I do still play, and it is still way too RNG heavy, but I just sort of gravitate to the deck builds that don’t rely on it as much. I believe that if you come back to the game and have been away for 4 months, you will be given a free batch of cards as an incentive to come back. From the announcement, I can’t figure out if you get the cards if you come back now or have to wait until March 26.

I’m biffpow #1591 if anyone wants to add me.

Mini Metro on iOS is free for the first time ever:

5 Likes

Such a great game, and I recommend it for the kids too

Bottom of the 9th also free on iOS; sorry for the lack of a link

2 Likes

Bottom of the ninth just went free for a short time.

It is free on Apple, android, and steam (may need to contact them about code).

I’ve enjoyed all of Handelabra’s games. This is the only one I didn’t own.

1 Like

This such niche, retro feature that I don’t see it much at all. A buddy and I had a Minecraft realm going for a while, but then they started requiring QOS beyond what I could achieve on my iPhone which killed my playing time.

Several of the infinity engine games, like Baldur’s Gate, have the ability to host on your iPhone, but that’s not persistent.

Has anyone else seen more of this type of feature?

May I say something?

I HATE you!

Downloaded and actually tried it out (usually stuff like that lands on the “later” pile.
Heh…tried it out…yeah right…like where has my evening from 6 pm to 11 pm gone?

Hm…this is kinda simple…oh ok…hmm… lets try that again… [rapidly spinning clocks.gif goes here]

ARGH!

5 Likes

Tokaido, free for the first time ever:

5 Likes