Slay the Spire Tournament

I am playing standard. I still had one set of unlocks missing for everyone but Watcher when I started and figured I would kill two birds with one stone.

And fourth for the set. I will likely run a few upgrades, but feel like I should hold up the bottom of the ladder :slight_smile:

You make good points. This was clearly an experiment and I also see some flaws with it.

Originally I had thought to use a Seed, so we were all playing the exact same thing, but I did not have a clean way to find good seeds. I tried looking it up, but there is no repository of good seeds.

The other problem with seeds, is that they will favor certain play styles. For example one seed for Ironclad might favor a Strength build, while another a Body Slam deck. That is why I decided to just let people restart all they want.

Again, open to discussion on how to run something like this in the future.

2 Likes

Upgrade to to Ironclad!

1 Like

As a newbie, I have to say the Defect is a pretty cool design.

4 Likes

Defect run! I got the frozen egg and just abused the powers.

So many powers, so little anything else!

3 Likes

I am committed to get a good run with The Ironclad before going on to the others, as it is my hardest, and damn did I suck at it last night. Will be home from traveling for a week tomorrow, so hopefully will have more time to play.

I am really tempted to buy the game again on my iPad and play on the 6 hour flight tonight.

edit: I wrote the above…and then bought it on my iPad. :slight_smile:

LOL, just realized I have to completely unlock the game again now on iPad. Should have thought that through.

3 Likes

Yes, and there is no cloud save at all, so if you put it on your phone things won’t sync. Absolutely horrible.

There are also some bizarre UI issues. Sometimes when I tap a card I simply cannot de-select it without playing it.

Still a great, game, though. And I vastly prefer a game on iOS as I rarely touch my PC.

2 Likes

That UI issue with selecting a card is my least favorite thing about the mobile port. I can get the card de-selected without playing it, but it definitely takes some work. Lack of cloud save is #2–while upgrading to a Pro Max the last time I got a new phone has helped, I’d really like to be able to go back and forth from iPad to phone.

Those are really my only two complaints, though. Great game, pretty good port.

1 Like

That card thing is a hassle for sure. But not gamebreaking, just annoying.

I will say, while there was some little frustrations with the app, I just flew across country and that flight went fast, playing STS all the way across. And damn the Ironclad, I could not get a damn win with him for the whole flight.

2 Likes

I bought this for my iPhone, and put it on all the kids iPads too.

Oh my god, I now have three extra people in the house talking nothing but slay the spire and how they are going.

My 7 year old is doing the best, having beaten the second boss!

4 Likes

Ok, well made it to the heart, but could not kill it. I hate the Ironclad, will work on the others and then try this again. My first entry.

2 Likes

Can’t get a heart kill today :frowning:

1 Like

And just to be consistent, no heart kill.

Totally struggling with The Watcher. I am on Ascension 3, so I have beat it a couple times, but can’t get a win for anything the past few days.

The Watcher’s tough, maybe because I have the least experience with it. I did get a win but am hoping for a better score, so I haven’t shared it yet. I’d probably win more if I was smart enough to not get myself stuck in Wrath without enough damage to kill my enemy. :expressionless:

3 Likes

My problem is just keeping the deck size tight or manageable with enough draw/scry. I had a double wallop deck going that should have got me a win, but then just a bad cycle and you are dead.

1 Like

Deck size is my biggest issue with any character in this game. I often grab cards I like and forget that they don’t necessarily play well together. I think I haven’t played enough Watcher to know what cards complement one another.

1 Like

Wait… just taking the cards you like isn’t the way to win?? :man_facepalming:

3 Likes