Slay the Spire Tournament

Ironclad submission.

Okay, help me out, how do I bump my score? I felt like I had a really good run here, took on multiple elites, and still didn’t crack 1k points!

What am I doing wrong?

3 Likes

Are you getting the three keys to unlock the fight with the Spire?

1 Like

Here’s my second entry, this one for The Ironclad.

2 Likes

Forgot about that keystone boss…. This run unlocks it for me now.

Defect run logged, now for purple guy whom I have never played

2 Likes

Third entry, one to go. I had actually gotten a decent Defect score before all the others and then stopped trying until I locked other characters down, but now that that is done I can go back and see if I can do a run where don’t fall to the Spire Heart.

To save time for whoever looks for these later, here are my three current scores:

The Silent- 1602
The Ironclad- 1384
The Watcher- 1480

My current average is 1,489.

3 Likes

I have actually been tracking them as you all have been reporting them.

1 Like

Nice! I didn’t actually intend to enter that Defect score though, I was just showing y’all the screen I saw to try and figure out what the difference was with what everyone else was posting.

Ahhhh, got it. Was it an official score or not? I can remove it.

I would say you can take it out. Feel pretty confident I can get a full run with the Defect between now and the contest end since he’ll be all I am playing.

1 Like

Defect is by far my favorite character to play.

2 Likes

I had a last minute business trip this week, so have not had a chance to play yet myself. Hopefully tonight will be an early night and I can sit around the hotel and play some.

1 Like

Same here!

@kennfusion, if I understand right, we’re allowed to submit multiple scores per character if we can top a previous high score, right?

2 Likes

Yup, you can keep submitting, you can wait until near the end, whatever you want.

2 Likes

Cool. I’d like to upgrade that Defect score for sure and try out some higher Ascension levels in Custom mode.

Here’s my first good Silent run, from yesterday:

Deck didn’t seem that big when I was playing it, but that’s the benefits of lots of draws/discards.

Now to figure out Watcher, with which I’ve never won outside of a daily run …

2 Likes

High score for an Ascension 1. That is because you had the 3 keys? I usually am playing to win and move to the next Ascension level, so don’t usually focus on them.

1 Like

Yeah, I think so. I was only at 975 or so after the Act III boss.

1 Like

And here’s Defect to complete the set. I might try again, maybe on Ironclad, but I kinda doubt it. These games take so long that spending a couple hours to get 50 extra points seems a bit much.

And I agree that Defect is probably the most fun. Just that card that builds block power every time it is used is already great, and when you start chaining orbs and abusing action (I got the ice cream cone, so by the end of some fights I had 30+ AP banked) it gets crazy.

3 Likes

Just curious, are any of you playing on Custom Mode? I am thinking the keys to act 4 are not in custom games, and that changes how I was thinking about the tournament.

When I tried custom to see what ascension 20 was about (no fun, that’s what it was about), there were no keys

2 Likes

I will admit that as a StS newbie I am having a hard time getting into this game for purposes of the tourney. I fully acknowledge that StS is a great, deep game but it is also a commitment, especially for this format.

For purposes of a “high score” tournament or decathalon, I have a couple of opinions:

1. I don’t like the variability of setup. I understand that there is a risk/reward when it comes to picking your Ascension, but I also feel like, in a way, I’m not even playing the same game as others.

2. On that note, for future tourneys I’d like to see variability minimized either by agreeing on seeds or by playing the dailies.

3. I understand that there are 4 characters but taking a score for each is daunting for a game like this. Some of the high score runs took over two hours, which is theoretically 8 hours of gaming if you take your first score. That is a commitment.

Oh, and I am terrible at this game so far. My high scores are in the 300s. I’ve been focusing on Ironclad using a block strategy since I steamrolled Meteorfall: Journeys with a similar strategy.

Im enjoying the game and enjoying the tournament idea but I’m not finding myself as involved as I could be.

3 Likes