Slay the Spire Tournament

I will say this for the Watcher: Runic Pyramid. Once you stop discarding unused cards you can bounce between styles more and make the most of her unique mechanics.

This might have been the craziest run I have had. I got the heart down about half way, but I had no scaling damage, only scaling blockā€¦but not enough scaling block.

2 Likes

Do daily runs count?

Actually, they should not count as they change the rules. It needs to be a base game or custom with no modifiers.

2 Likes

BTW, I must be missing something else about scoring, because I looked it up and killing the heart is only worth 250 pts. But my scores are way less than most of everyone elseā€™s even if I subtract 250 pts. Maybe I dodge too many fights in ? rooms.

1 Like

I figured as much. Too bad, it was a solid run!

1 Like

Some of the daily scores are over 2400 and Iā€™m happy to break 1000, I feel your pain

1 Like

As the weird whale thing says, ā€œ Riskā€¦rewardā€¦ā€

1 Like

I usually take the path on each of the three levels that gets the most Elite battles. I mostly do it to get relics but maybe it helps scores too?

I wish you could see after the fact what the breakdown for your score was.

2 Likes

Yeah, while I donā€™t skip elites, I tend to plan my route to maximize campfires for upgrades.

1 Like

Iā€™m scared of elites. LOL Iā€™m always way down on hit points after one so the next monster is able to kill me.

I guess thatā€™s why I donā€™t score that well.

3 Likes

But that sweet lootā€¦

3 Likes

Posting my best Watcher score from a couple of weeks ago just so I donā€™t forget:

Iā€™ve made 20 Watcher runs since then without clearing Act 3. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t kill the big bad!

3 Likes

I am so frigginā€™ irritated right now ā€¦ had an awesome Mantra deck going and easily would have blown away my previous Watcher high score if I could have just got by the &@#! Time Eater as the Act 3 boss.

Posting the screen shot just to remember/lament how close I was.

2 Likes

@geigerm I feel ya!

I had a game yesterday with the Ironclad where the whale gave me a Metamorphosis which i upgraded and then jarred, so I had a very lean deck with 5 0 cost attacks every fight. Also had the time keeper and I would have killed him if not for that damn heal he has.

2 Likes

Yeah, he was the exact wrong enemy for me to hit with a deck built around playing lots of cards per turn. Ugh.

1 Like

Now THATā€™S more like it!

Went the Mantra route again with a stronger deckā€”once my engine got going, I was in Divinity 2 out of every 3 turns. The screenshot cutoff doesnā€™t show Brilliance, which is an amazing card in a Mantra deck.

Got the Time Eater again in Act 3, but this time I had the relic that gives 1 block per card left in hand, so being forced to end a turn early wasnā€™t a big deal.

Glad to get a Watcher score Iā€™m proud of. Now to see if I can post a better Defect score before the end of the tourney. Iā€™ve enjoyed how this tournament has really gotten me back into StS. Last weekā€™s purchase of Monster Train on Switch is sufferingā€”it hasnā€™t gotten much time since Iā€™ve been running the Watcher repeatedlyā€”but playing both games around the same time helps me appreciate what each one does well.

2 Likes

It has been fun, although it turns out that I know how to win, and have been doing it, but I donā€™t know how to get high scores. Interesting thing to learn.

1 Like

Same here. I never looked into the scoring rules much before this.