Review: Meteorfall

My first victory. I had no upgrades and it was shockingly easy. I would have run 4 Stabs and 2 Eviscerates if I could have culled more often.

4 Likes

Now that’s a lean deck!!!

1 Like

All I raised was my stamina so I’d cycle through the deck multiple times every fight and my eviscerates would hit for 30+; a couple of those each fight and it really didn’t matter if I had 30HP or 1.

2 Likes

Quick Cast + Zap is a nice combo.

2 Likes

Zap is definitely a big part of playing as Graybeard. A couple of charges level 3 Zaps annihilate most comers.

Keeping the deck lean is the key to playing Mischief. I wanted to dump Ravage III, too. Get rid of any card that doesn’t award extra actions, and concentrate on Stabs and Eviscerates.

3 Likes

Ha! Agreed! Scroll up a few posts and look at my Mischief victory. We only had 2 cards different. That deck just melts everything.

1 Like

If it was possible to get rid of everything but 2 Stabs and 1 Eviscerate, I think it would be mathematically possible to win every fight with a 3 card deck and not even take any damage. It’s fun, but not very well balanced.

Not balanced, but thematic. She just sneaks up behind everything in the dark and stab, stab, slice…game over.

According to TouchArcade, an update is coming next week that will give us a new hero, the Necrodude.

1 Like

Yep, May 9

Does anyone have any tips for playing Muldorf? I’m not quite sure how to build him. While they sound helpful on paper, summons just aren’t very effective for me.

2 Likes

Been a while so I don’t remember card names, but I would skip the powerful summons and go instead for the spell that creates multiple weak ones, and have multiple instances of it that you level up. Combine that with spells that target stamina and between the skeletons and constantly having to refresh stamina, an enemy can have most or all of their turn negated.

1 Like

Agree 100% with that advice.

I think there are also some artifacts that amplify the effects of having a bunch of skeletons; I also haven’t played Muldorf for a while, so I just forget what they’re called.

1 Like

Thanks, it worked!

Skeleton party puts 3/4/5 skeletons into the enemy deck. Bone spear was hitting for 40-50 by the end of the game with all the skeletons in the other deck.

2 Likes

I stopped playing Meteorfall before I could win with Muldorf.

Now with the new character, I may need to revisit the game.

The new character is interesting. You have a companion deck, which is separate from your main deck, that can take actions at the end of your turn based on stored resources. It is certainly and ingenious way to make the character feel different. I’m not sure how I feel about it yet because I fear change and it really does change up the way I play. I also can’t see the obvious ways to build the character yet.

3 Likes

There’s another new one? Interesting. I love how many updates this guy has put out. The original game was mediocre and way too easy, now it’s up there almost with Dream Quest.

I tried out the new character today. Seemed kind of fun, but still need to wrap my head around it.

1 Like

Ditto. Changes quite a bit about the game. Got to the second location and died on my first attempt, but admittedly I had it at 1.2 difficulty.