Review: Meteorfall

Thanks, that was a fascinating read. And I loved his idea of staying focused using the 25 minute unbroken increments.

Me too–I might try that at work!

Urg. Even trying these strategies you’ve posted I’m still getting stomped as Bruno. Going to go back to trying to beat it with Rose for a bit.

1 Like

I didn’t think the game was all that interesting the first time I played, but after giving it some time it has really started to click with me. I’m also pretty awful at it no matter who I use. I’m not a fan of Rose only because fights tend to get dragged out too long with her the way I play.

2 Likes

Nice to hear, since I’ve bounced off of it pretty hard. I’ll have to give it another shot.

And now a rose win with a fairly random deck. Nothing special or combo-y or powerful.

1 Like

Bruno and I are on speaking terms again.

2 Likes

Now I’m only 2 achievements away from complete.

Beat it with Rose (which I haven’t done yet)

And beat it with Mischief (which I must’ve done in the beta before achievements were functional)

Definitely GOTY so far for me.

Died at the first boss with Rose on my first playthrough. Beat the lich with Graybeard on my second. Not exactly as tough as DQ, is it?

Now you guys are just making me feel bad…

Spent 200 to unlock two of Mischief’s cards. Died on the first level boss my first time with her. Second time, Uberlich defeated! So in four playthroughs I have beaten the game twice. I do not think I am necessarily that good (even if my DQ experience gives me a leg up over the average Meteorfall newbie at least), so it must be kinda easy for a roguelike. Still, it’s fun.

Beat it with Mischief (again) and Rose last night, so now I’ve 100%ed it.

Can’t wait for the Necroperson update, but I’m sure I’m going to keep playing it in the meantime.

1 Like

Finally won with Mischief:

Having a sword, three Eviscerates, and all those Stabs just didn’t seem fair. Wiped out the Uberlich in two rounds. Now I need to master playing with Rose …

3 Likes

Rose was the toughest one for me.

Maybe there’s some inspiration there.

I think I mostly saved money for upgrading, nearly every additional card came from chests or levelling. Bumped up my Smites and Hannah’s Protection first.

2 Likes

Got it:

Deck was a little too defensive until I bumped my Staff, Smites, and Battle Stance and added a late Fireball III. Mana Shield + Plate Armor is a great defensive combo.

2 Likes

Yay! I don’t suck! (As much)

4 Likes

And this was only on my 2nd try with Rose (since concentrating on the thief)

4 Likes

Ok, I don’t know if it works this way for anybody else, but it always does for me. It happened on Zen Pinball on the X-Box every time.

If I said “I’m going to go to bed right after this game” after a night of 5-minute games, inevitably I’d have the run of my life. And 45 minutes later, I’d finally be in bed.

So 10 minutes before my lunch hour ends, I decide to give Bruno a run.

Yep, you guessed it…

Had to bypass a couple of monsters because I was just too beat up, hence the low score compared to the other two.

Maybe I’ll finish this before the new character comes out!

5 Likes

Yeah, I got sucked in like that all time with Dream Quest. That game made me go to bed at 1 AM on multiple work nights.

Congrats on another complete run!

3 Likes

Woo! Finished it.

The Lich is actually pretty easy if you get to him. I don’t think he ever killed me.

1 Like