Looking for Small World Players

Can’t see the invitation. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I’ve sent you an invitation to a 2P game; has that worked?

It did. Strange stuff going on here.

…although it’s not now visible in my Games in Progress list. Sigh

Maybe because I declined the invitation.

1 Like

Cool. Ok, I’ve sent an invitation to everyone now :crossed_fingers:

Nothing received on my end. :frowning_face:

I see nothing as well…

I cannot be sure … but to echo the comment by @JammaTal above … it seemed that the act of creating a game sort of registered the creator with the system … and they were then able to see invitations from other players.

So when we tried to play a while back, each player created a game and we were all able to see the one that was created last. We all joined and played happily until the end of the game … at which point I was the happiest player :sunglasses:

Thanks for the input, but, boy, that’s bizarre!

So is everyone game for doing the following:

1. Select Invite Buddies
  2. Select one of us five and select Invite
  3. Select GO
  4. Ignore all invitations received, except the one I send to you for the 5P game
  5. Decline all other invitations after the 5P game starts

Do I have that right, @robthomasson?

So it does look like all players now need to be logged into the app when the invites are issued. Yikes, Asmodee! It never used to be like that. So I’m assuming rob’s way is a workaround solution?

Now you are asking. We used Invite Buddies to create a game with all of the others (and not just one) as we fumbled around. We were also accepting all visible invitations. Then we noticed that the players that could see invites were the ones that had created games and worked from there.

To actually answer your question … the sequence you describe will work if our guess at what was happening is correct. That is … the act of game creation was needed to connect us to the system in some way and not to connect us to each other.

We were not all online throughout our fumbling. Invitations stayed waiting for each player until they next fired up the app (and were automatically logged in)…

1 Like

Feeling slightly vindicated reading all this…

1 Like

@SpiceTheCat, @Hardco, @kennfusion: If you all are willing to jump through the hoops on the chance it might work, I’m willing to try. Otherwise, I’m fine if you aren’t.

Yes, happy to. It is a good game after all, if we can get it to work.

yeah, not sure I understand what to do, but I am game. I have to send an invite to everyone and they should all decline?

Not quite.

Each of you will invite any of the other four players to a 2P game and hit GO. Everyone who receives an invite will ignore it, with the exception of mine (see below).

After the four of you have done this, I’ll create a 5P game, hoping each of you will receive the invite, since each of you will be in Asmodee’s system with an active game on the books, so to speak. If all four successfully receive my invites and accept them, each of you will then decline all other invites received, thereby canceling those 2P games before they’ve started, leaving only the 5P game.

Make sense?

Sure, I invited LG to a game.

Crap, sorry, I didn’t read the plan and withdrew from the side games.

I think he accepted and then withdrew. Go ahead and invite me instead.

@Hardco, go ahead and send me a 2P invite, as well.

I already have 2P invites from Spice and LG.

Received and accepted the invitation to the full game. Only @LordGek and @kennfusion to go.

@robthomasson- was this faff a one-time thing, or did you need to do it for later games? If it’s some kind of dormant account reactivation process, it might make sense. Still very bad though.