Legend of Solgard discussions and guild talk

in the Bounties event i often have to play vs ability outmaxed bot creatures now.
there you can see (and feel) what the different creatures will be like when outleveled and with level-10 abilities.
i must say Ravenmaster is a killer then.
but before reaching certain high levels he is not really overimpressive.

before the BIG pre-global-launch-nerf he was even much stronger. everyone was using him. he seemed imbalanced, so a nerf was justified.

but i guess players who had max-leveled him up already often stick to him now because he is still going strong in very high levels.

btw the most scary creature on high levels is the Vinebeard :flushed:
we can be glad that it is unbelievably expensive to level him up even for whales.

I can see that with Vinebeard. ā€œI just merged some troopsā€“oh, theyā€™re dead now.ā€

In the Hero Arena the other day, I had the option of playing someone with relatively normal troops, or a team full of level 5+ legendaries. Almost tried it just to see how ugly it would be. I think that was the first time Iā€™d even seen a Sunblade outside of the Collection screen.

By the grace of the RNG I have just received Sunblade as my first Legendary. Valkyrie seems to be much more the likely first gain but has eluded me so far. But I donā€™t see me being able to develop Sunblade anytime soon - the location to play for more of his Sun Gems is ā€œUnknownā€. Sunblade has a hold of 3 so I assume not so useful in many situationsā€¦

I was stuck on 127 (Frost Giants & Sinkholes) for quite the while then realised that a simple straight ahead team of Roughpaw, Cracklehoof, Grimchop & Tusker would work better. I could control where they hit and they were more effective than more powerful alternatives. As usual, having been stuck it was a good time when I progressed. Now I am stuck on 128.

I only have two in red, Roughpaw and Mudscrape, so that is easy to just focus the bear and I know that he seems popular later game also. So safe investment.

For Yellow I am mixed elfling/pyroon. And that is because in Green I tend to play Flame Wyrm a lot. I really like setting the board on fire and then matching a wyrm to blow it all up. My concern is that Rock Gronch is so popular, should I be reconsidering my efforts into Wyrm?

I have been leveling my Raven Master and Tusker also, as Raven is so poplar, I just figured I would follow along.

Iā€™ve got a fire theme going, too, for many battles ā€” I drew Lamp Wraith on an RNG-heavy rewards draw.

Of course, the expense of building him up is ridiculous. But, hey, he spreads fire, amirite?

Yes indeedy. I really should get some fire going. I donā€™t like it when it burns me ā€¦ spoiling all my ever so carefully crafted plans.

I wonder which team is used when I am presented as an opponent challenged in the Hero Arena? Probably the last team I used in the arena to start a fight.

I use rock gronch in the arena because he is a beast if you can make him big on turn 1. Heā€™ll wipe out a bunch of enemies and charge up from the kills. If he survives until his attack thatā€™s most of the match won. Iā€™ve found him a bit more variable in the other game modes, but still generally very solid.

Iā€™ve also noticed something a little counterintuitive when your big creatures attack. For example if they are facing 2x strength 4 walls on the same row, then they will only lose 4 strength to destroy them instead of 8.

My minor gripe with the game is the daily chest grind, specifically the 5 quest wins component. If Iā€™m stuck somewhere I go and grind some early quests but itā€™s not particularly fun. Does anyone have any suggestions for the most efficient/cost effective/rewarding way to satisfy this quest every day?

I found that to be annoying/boring as well. But once you open up Heroic quests where you can unlock (which provides ā€œbattles with a purposeā€ in itself) and then choose the campaign battles that might give you the Sun Gems of your choice it is okay. I think that happens at level 10 ā€¦ so you are in that position now ā€¦

Treasure Hunts and Raid Tickets count as parts of the 5 quest wins too.
so only 3 or less ā€œnormalā€ battles to do.

i check for which creature i need sun gems the most and will be happy to farm those in maybe different levels. some of which are no boring routine but nice challenges.

Yeah, now that I hit level 10, being able to raid for elflings is nice.

btwā€¦that guaranteed Legendary pack for $10 is tempting.

2 Likes

The Legendaries are cool, but leveling them is such a pain that Iā€™m not sure theyā€™re worth it. I pulled a Grimbash a couple of weeks ago and Iā€™ve gotten one Sun Gem for it since then. That thing is probably going to be stuck on level 2 forever.

Well I donā€™t have any creature over level 2, so sounds like normal. :slight_smile:

Not sure how I missed this thread. @geigerm I got you beat. Iā€™ve pulled 3 legendaries, all grimbash. But based on the bounty Iā€™m stuck on (wicked misfits 3) grimbash gets NASTY eventually. One nice thing is that you donā€™t have to do a lot of skill investment for her to be useful

If anyone is struggling with underworld, a guildie and I put this guide together

@JammaTal just realized Iā€™ve seen you in the arena, lol.

2 Likes

:grin:
i will look for you. name is misguided too in Solgard?
iā€™m fighting for promotion to legendary league for some seasons now.
always close, finishing in slot 54 in last season.

great Underworld guide :+1:

wanna join our guild? just now a free slot.

I have just now tried this game. I donā€™t like how it gives me a hint if I try to think for 5 seconds. I know this publisher does this on their other games and thereā€™s no way to turn it off. Any suggestions?

Are you in the very early stages? If so it might be a thing that happens until you get further.

I donā€™t get prompts and I am sure that I often think (or at least stare blankly at the screen) for more than 5 seconds.

1 Like

Yeah, I donā€™t think I have ever had a hint that I can remember.

Yes I am in the early stages. I will just keep going.

Appreciate it, but Iā€™m in a rocking guild already. Yup, Misguided.

Iā€™ve managed to get the final chest but remain in master league three weeks in a row. Thatā€™s not going to be possible this week, so I will be moving up.

Appreciate it, re: the guide. I really love the underworld mode, but a lot of folks seems to struggle with it. Iā€™d be happy to help more folks get some fun out of it.

no enforced hints whatsoever for me either, no matter how long i wait on.
must have been part of the tutorial.
canā€™t remember.