King of the Hill - Multi-Game - 3-Player - League

I’m generally pretty on the ball about taking my turns, but apparently it had been turn for the past day in Wingspan. A game with a bad notification system may not have been best to kick this off.

1 Like

Wingspan always seems to take a while. Maybe it’s the bad notifications, but yeah, I picked a slow one to start.

1 Like

Ugh. I just made a stupid mistake, taking food to pay for a bird when I already had the food to pay for the bird. This is why I shouldn’t take turns before I drink my coffee…

1 Like

Coffee is life!

2 Likes

@Hardco @Mirefox @js619 just checking in, how is your match going?

It is moving at the typical Wingspan pace. 3 turns left in round 3.

1 Like

I’d say it has picked up a fair bit. We could be done in the next week!

1 Like

I wonder what it is about wingspan async that’s bogging it down. It plays pretty fast at the table. Lots of small turns perhaps

Small turns is one thing. No notification badges is another. For example, I got a notification that is was my turn about 3 hours ago while at a family party. I just remembered now that I need to take my turn. I do check my notifications at the end of the day and I try to make a habit of checking in on my games frequently, but that little red icon is very helpful but absent from the app.

1 Like

When the final round card is “Egg laid in grasslands” and the entire game you’ve been thinking it was “birds in grasslands…”

Based on my performance in everything we play here, you all probably assume I’m a tollbooth worker or something…

Anyways, final stretch. This game will be done by tomorrow at the latest.

2 Likes

Well shit, looks like you’re not the only one thinking it was birds in grasslands…

1 Like

Perfect! @Hardco wins this round, lol.

1 Like

Raise your hand if you’re surprised lol

1 Like

When I drew the Gull off the center row on Round 1 and it replaced with a Raven, the game was sealed when the Raven came back to me…

I’m just gonna nod and smile like I understand why that’s good…

Seconded. Maybe I should have paid more attention in Wingspan school, or when we had a conversation in these threads about that exact topic…

Well the Gull let me draw 2 cards, and the Raven let me gain 2 food every time I laid eggs. So I could safely just lay eggs and play birds all game without wasting actions on getting food and drawing cards.

2 Likes

Who’s next?

1 Like

Congrats on the first win of our KotH @Hardco I have recorded the game on our sheet.

Next up is me! I and will pick Castles of Burgandy from your list. And the next person on our list that also has that game on their list is @geigerm. I will send an invite out shortly.

@Mirefox and @js619 you have the option to change any games on your list, as long as you still have between 5-7 games.

1 Like

Challenge has been sent to @Hardco and @geigerm with Player Start Shuffle and Random Identical Boards.

1 Like