Gems of War News and Discussions

Question: when ya’ll star your troop in chat that is how many ascensions or how many traits? Was thinking ascensions but wanna make sure

We use the asterisks to denote how many traits they have. The difference between Famine* and Famine*** is kind of significant. Whereas a third trait of “X on skull damage” might not be necessary if the troop is in the 4th spot, so in that case 2 or 3 traits would make no difference.

1 Like

Kk ty for clearing that up for me, for the record i am finding mana burn highly successful in dealing with kerbies, win rate at about 65% but its still early in the week sooo…

I hate Red Day. I find it the hardest team to put together for the troops I have. My whole team got eaten quickly by a double kraken team. ouch!

1 Like

Ouch! I’m seriously interested in working up more “Impervious” options, perhaps teamed with some “Stealthy” such as Mist Stalker and Amira, these color teams make it tricky but “Devour” is a killer which has derailed me, too. I just recently got Plague as my second “true” Mythic out of a gem chest, he’s not nearly as popular as Famine, which I don’t unfortunately have, but he can be traited for “Impervious”.
https://ashtender.com/gems/troops?filter=Impervious

If nothing else, your misfortune prompts me to put an “Impervious” in that last slot to frustrate the Kraken!

2 Likes

great link, Falkenstein!
an impervious/stealthy combo works like a charm vs devourers.
a stealthy supporter would come in handy, to keep the poor impervious tank alive.
i have a nice screenshot to share from the Paragon battle on red day.
so scary!
i lost the Gloom Leaf because of those permanent life steals by the 2 Deaths.
Deathmark and Devour can’t bring the impervious Gloom down.

Yellow has been the one I have been struggling with the most to make competitive. I ran

Gorgotha, Celestia, The Silent One, Moloch

this week and it worked pretty well against what I encountered, It is basically a race to get either TSO or Moloch loaded up first and then enemy team is locked down after that. Moloch can get pretty nasty after a while with the skill reduction on every 4 mana match and 1 added to his true damage for every spell cast so he starts one-shotting troops like Famine.

1 Like

This is why it is good to share, because it totally slipped my mind to put an impervious troop i the last spot. My first matchup this morning Yellow day had a Kraken also, and I just put a Manticore*** in that last spot and that took care of that.

Gorgotha and Moloch are my two favorite troops in the game, so Yellow day is actually my favorite.

For most of the battles I ran Gorgotha***, Astral Spirit***, Famine**, Moloch*** (I need to finish that last trait for Famine, lot’s of grinding for that though).

The final battle today is against Knight Coronet, Gorgotha, Abynissia and Famine…this guy builds teams like me, all fully traited except his Abynissia. So I switched in Minticore*** for famine here to shut down his fully traited Famine, and it was still a tough fight, but victory!

Both of these setups run no purple, so the Kraken Banner is great.

1 Like

this new guildwar feature brings the best of TKK brainstorm power on to shine brightly :blush:

i’m totally convinced that we rule the current bracket because of brainpower :grin: and not because of brute force.

Hi Debis!
how did you manage this? i would be so glad if Moloch had that Arcane trait (gain 1 Magic when an ally casts a spell) instead of his lame Fireproof, but d’oh.
he has Fireproof, Fire Link (that’s ok) and Suppression, which was quite impressive in the old days.
but the new supermonsters just wonder what’s tickling them :hushed:

i could not find an ability or trait on the other team members Gorgotha, Celestasia and The Silent One which might have raised Moloch’s True Damage.
did i miss something?

nonetheless Moloch is still a good teamplayer. so i put him in my All Yellow team: Gorgotha/Green Seer/Paladin/Moloch.

it’s always a great moment when cashing in 450 gems for 50 gem chests.

on the Legendary Dark Monolith i just noticed a trait which lets Arcane look like a child’s playtoy :flushed:

Absorb Power lets you “gain 3 Magic when an enemy casts a spell”.

i can see the Moloch jumping up and down, shouting “gimme! gimme!” :rolling_eyes:

and i am the poor soul who will have to tell him that “you can’t always get what you want.”
he can become a real badass when he gets angry :japanese_ogre: :eyes:

1 Like

I thought Moloch was getting true damage increase but it looks like they just changed the boost ratio to 1:1 from enemy mana. I just got a Dark Monolith and am trying to trait him up. That trait looks very interesting

The Bishop Pack in the Glory Rewards this week has Arcane Plains, so I fully traited Dracos 1337 yesterday. A really nice troop in the battle against Kerbie teams. Impervious with silence and stun and mana drain and a small chance to destroy.

Yeah, so my nice Purple Kerbie killing team was: Carnex, Dragonian Rogue, Dracos 1337, Spirit Fox.
2x Impervious and 2x Stealthy.

2 Likes

I used Dracos as well

The Dragon Soul, Dracos, Kerberos, Queen Mab

No more bone dragon …

1 Like

I could use some suggestions for strong, all-purpose lineups. I’ve lost 4 out of 5 today and can’t seem to make a set that works. Thanks!

So not knowing what you have makes this hard, but the general way you might look at it as roles:

• Tank - Something with stoneskin or armored most likely. Or something that can raise it’s own armor or life like Gloom Leaf. I almost always like to run Gorgotha up front, as he is also explodes the board and fills your team.

• Targeted Damage Dealer - Preferably with True Damage - Moloch and Spirit Fox are both great as they both drain mana also here. Lady Sapphira you probably have and works well here too.

• Sweeper - AOE Damage - My favorite here are Sorcerer Hero with Crescendo. Crimson Bat is great. Staff of Madness or Burning Scythe.

• Utility - If you don’t have mana drain from one of your two damage dealers, I usually make sure to have at least one mana drain on every team. But if I have mana drain, than usually some sort of other debfuffer or buffer. This last is very dependent on the other team.

2 Likes

Thanks, Ken–this is helpful.

I have most cards at this point (though not all traited or leveled), so I have powerful stuff–feel free to suggest any lineups that work. I just can’t seem to put something together that is effective currently. My strength numbers on my lineups are never over 5,800 or so (if that’s an indicator of anything).

My main team for some time has been:
Great Maw
Rock Worm
Deep Borer
Sand Cobra

And that has often been effective, but not lately. I feel like something changed in the meta to make that easily defeatable. Or maybe I have them in the wrong order or should swap out a troop to make it better.

Also running up against teams with Emperor Khorvash a lot, and am considering making a team with that troop? He seems rather powerful.

So my default team is:

Gorgotha
Emperor Khorvash
Sorcerer/Crescendo
Moloch

The way to play this is to put your banner on Brown/Yellow and just rush to get Gorgotha powered up. With high magic level, he will clear the whole board usually and come very close to powering up the whole team. From there, I just want to keep using Cresendo whenever I can power it up, as it gets bigger each time you use it, but I usually do this by blowing up the board with Gorgotha. I save Moloch and Khorvash for sure kills and to drain mana.

Then depending on what my opponent is playing, I might change things out. If I don’t think I really need stun, I switch Khovash out for something that might speed things up, either another accelerator like Queen Ysabelle (who is becoming one of my more favorite troops) or if they have 2-3 blue mana troops, I like to put Amira in for Moloch.

Thanks! I will try that team. I never usually put my hero in my lineups for some reason…

Ma,s surgery did not go well, there is another one tomorrow, sorry all rl takes precedence and the VA’s wifi does not support this game, will bb asap

1 Like