Gems of War News and Discussions

I do hope that the next surgery is more successful … all the best for it …

1 Like

sorry to hear, hope she is better soon

1 Like

Ty all surgery went better this time and it looks like I can bring her home by tuesday. Sorry bout the losses in gw tryin to keep up at the VA hospital and sometimes I just get disconnected, altho in truth the double krakens got me fair and square, hope ya’lls weekend ìs awesome, and for anyone else having a rough go of it lately I am sending a smile and a prayer,
Peace out peoples cause the world needs more of that :wink:

2 Likes

Hey all, so I got my account back and have been enjoying playing again. Let me know if any slots open up in guild and I will drop this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I switched up my yellow team to

Gorgotha
Celestia
Moloch
Dracos

Dracos is better than I thought it would be. 25% chance of destruction is actually quite good. Nice traits with the Impervious and magic decrease on 4 gem matches too.

1 Like

We have like 9 slots open, as I kicked everyone who did not play Guild Wars. So will send you an invite…you can play Guild Wars with us.

Except you are already in a guild. @Baelnor

Alright, I am ready for invite :slight_smile:

Also, any tips for a “the dragon soul” build? I got one and it seems awesome

invite sent

I don’t even have the dragon soul, but I think @JammaTal uses it.

Hi Baelnor, nice to have you back.

yes, he is awesome and i have him in two of my troop builds.
“Dragons 2.0” is a multi-color PvP setup: Dragotaur/Dragon Soul/Krystenax/Sylvanimora with Abyssal Banner and good for 2 team bonuses.
and my 4x purple “Color of the Day” setup:
Dragon Soul/Wulfgarok/Kerberos/Spirit Fox with Abyssal Banner and 3 team bonuses.

1 Like

It’s interesting that despite the fact that as a guild we were up 11% in points week over week, we still managed to fall to Bracket 18. Competition is heating up as guilds are starting to figure this thing out.

So…my teams lost all day today :frowning: Any suggestions on what to change?

Team 1 - 5,339 might
Hero
Warg
Fire Lizard
Dryad

Team 2 - 5,044 might (Whitehelm)
Paladin
lady Sapphira
Bishop
High Paladin

And sorry, how do you know what color the color of the day is?

Thanks!

In guild wars tab click on schedule and the color lineup is in there.

Lol hi btw nice to meetcha :smile:if you arent comfortable with the color thing just play the team you like best I personally go for the win if I dont think I can do it with the days color I dont even try. I find jit grievously unfair to have to battle outrageously ai friendly monster teams that have no handicap with what I consider a serious handicap, but thats just my opinion

Hi Diane - Yes, Dyzl is right, if you are having trouble with the color of the day, just play your best team. But it’s up to you, we want everyone to have fun first.

I tend to build teams as follows, First position almost always has skull mitigation. Armored, Stoneskin or Gorgotha. Some good troops you probably have to try there would be Knight Coronet, Golem and Treant. But just search Stoneskin. For an armored troop that works really well as a tank, try Morthani’s Will, he is armored and steals more armor.

Then I usually have two damage troops, one that is single targeted, like Lady Sapphira. The other should be someone that can damage all troops. Crimson Bat, Atlanta, many hero weapons, Psion.

The last troop will be situational, but often a debuff/mana drain choice, Dracos, Manticore, Spirit Fox, Succubus all are good.

The part I left out is mana acceleration, if I have a really good true damage AOE like Crimson Bat, I will sometimes give something up for mana acceleration. But since I run with Gorgotha up front a lot, I don’t usually need it, as I think he is one of the best accelerators in the game.

Hope this helps, ask any questions you have.

1 Like

Ok thanks. :grinning: Will try a different build later tonight.

@Dyzi that’s great news, glad to hear that the situation has improved! And congrats, @Baelnor, on recovering your account and joining us. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Diane: I was also losing pretty regularly and was getting really frustrated. No matter what builds I tried, I was really not doing better than 50/50. But in the last 2 days, I’ve gone 9-1 with this:

Hellcat
Alchemist
Goblin Rocket
Goblin Rocket

I’ve got them under the yellow flag, and Goblin Rocket has the Fire Link trait. Alchemist also has a couple traits, but they’re more of a bonus and not totally essential.

The goal of the lineup is to deny your opponent from getting to have turns. Once you get Hellcat or Alchemist going with their board control, fueling the Rockets, just use the rockets to eliminate areas of the board that don’t have much/any yellow or red (or going for big blocks of those colors to fuel the others as needed). And then you just loop through their powers, never giving your opponent a turn and slowly killing them, taking 4 and 5-matches when they happen.

The power rating on this lineup is only around 4,500, and I’m taking down lineups that are in the 8,000s. It takes time, but it’s very effective. I lost the one I did because I had a really bad board–none of the colors I needed would drop, and they killed off my team in short order. On the other hand, I’ve had two matches where the other team literally did not get a single turn, thanks to some fortunate 4-matches from the first board.

It’s been pretty satisfying to win so many matches after getting clobbered the last couple weeks : )

2 Likes

2nd fight this morning was fully traited Kerberos, Assassin, Death, Famine. Death + Famine is crazy. I actually attempted it with an all green team, hoping Manticore could contain Death and Famine with stun, but it was not enough. I was spending all my time trying to power it up and keep things stunned.

Any thoughts on how you would beat that with all green?

Giant spider, Kraken, Giant Spider, Kraken they feed each other, double krakens do double life drain on 4/5 gem matches, thats the best i got for green atm

1 Like