Gems of War News and Discussions

some essential changes for Kerberos in the last days.
his new spell is borderline UBERpowered now.
“50% chance to Devour an enemy” is frightening.

and his 3rd trait has been changed three times in the last few days:
from “summon a Ghoul when an enemy dies”
to “25% chance to summon a Warg when an ally dies”
to “summon a Warg when an enemy dies”.

the Warg itself has a 25% chance to “summon a Dire Wolf on death”.

in a battle vs a Kerberos team i felt like going against Zombies. they always came back.
so when my Bone Dragon was devoured he came back as Warg companion for the strengthened Kerberos :flushed:
that really hurts a lot.

1 Like

Although it seems that you are keeping on top of this game I do notice that you are only level 945 now.

Well, fair enough - you did say that you would slow down when you hit level 250.

2 Likes

I am a lull with the game at the moment. But that usually picks back up after a big update. I do try to play at least one PvP battle a day though.

Ended up reinstalling and starting over from scratch. Wound up in a fairly productive random guild (awaiting an open spot in the guild everyone else is in here)

3 days of playing and I’m already well beyond my previous character that I played for a month.

Was in one of the top-end guilds back at launch. But then months went by without much in the way of new stuff to do and people gradually drifted away. Haven’t played in a long time.

I drifted away, too. Deleted and never looked back.

Magic: Puzzle Quest has done a great job filling any void there was. Fantastic game.

@halfvoid - Two spots opened up this morning. Let me know on here once you have left your other guild and confirm your IGN for me. We will get an invite out to you after.

1 Like

Logging in to leave that guild now. :smiley:

My in game name is halfvoid

Invite code is: HALFVOID_3

@halfvoid Invite sent…welcome to the guild

Woo! Cheers sir.

you wouldn’t believe that it is the same game when you came back now, Duke.
so many changes. so many new kingdoms and troops. so many new concepts.
esp the meta game keeps changing.

but i totally agree on Magic: Puzzle Quest. a very good game too.

amazing attack values.
Courage’s third trait and his ability to generate spell chains (charging himself by own spell) made this happen. :flushed:

this team can take on defenders with 3xFamine or with War/Plague/Famine because those nasties won’t get enough time to bring you down with their passive traits.

Sceptre can charge Bone Dragon very fast. Bone Dragon fires his spell for massive damage (and lethal damage happens often enough too). Courage keeps pushing up attack and life values. Famine drains mana of all opponents.
it works quite well, and very fast.

1 Like

Wow, what are the troop names and how likely would someone who has just restarted a week ago be able to get them?

Anu’s Scepter you get for free when you raise your water level to 35. Courage you get from Guild chests and is a common I think. Bone Dragon and Famine are legendary and mythic, so it’s just about grinding gems/keys over time.

Also, I have been running this fully traited team for a while,

Gorgotha
Emperor Khorvash
Cresendo/Sorcerer
Moloch

Ah I’m a ways away from that first lineup. I have Courage for sure but none of the others (I think I’ve put most into RED since it compliments my Goblin team.)

some serious grinding involved.

to get full traits of Courage 30 Arcane Rage Stones are needed and lots of Runic Fire Traitstones.
takes some time. i did not buy any special chests for real money.
only handcrafted grinded stones.

full traits of Famine, Bone Dragon and Archer Hero not so easy to achieve too.

so i just wanted to know.
can we really reach the top 100 leaderboard? and how much effort and time investment would that cost?

hours later i succeeded in reaching level 81, but then i was totally worn out and had to let go.
you will need a fast killer team, because you always must attack the rightmost defenders. and you must finish them in short time.
then you must play without breaks, and for some hours.
i guess it took me about 190 attacks in 3-4 hours (time flies by when powerspamming attacks, so maybe it was more like 4-5 hours?).
of course i will have dropped out of top 100 by now, maybe down to rank 12k or worse. if you want to stay on top you must play on and on and on.
but it’s ok. i just wanted to know.
i wonder about some of those top 10 leaderboard records!?
maybe at least some are using bots?

[quote=“JammaTal, post:19, topic:107, full:true”]
so i just wanted to know.
can we really reach the top 100 leaderboard? and how much effort and time investment would that cost?

[/quote]

That time investment is nuts. To me, that would make the game feel more like work than fun. I’ve walked away from a few other games–including this one–when it got to that point.

agreed on that. nuts.
but i must admit that i had a lot of fun :flushed:
taking on each defender team, no matter what, like a mad berserker.
and if it weren’t for that amazing aggro team, it wouldn’t have been any fun at all.

but so it was a kind of nostalgia trip, reminding on the “old days”, when playing with Ragnarok and Webspinner teams and bringing down enemies left and right like Legolas slashing a path through orc hordes.
no crazy Mythics then, no traits, no 3-color-supermonsters.
my new team can do just like this when fighting these abominations, and that feels great and satisfying :yum:
of course i won’t do it again.
but wait…maybe…who knows?
it definitely was some sort of crazy fun :grimacing: