Gems of War News and Discussions

Ty :slight_smile:

hello Dyzi! welcome!
as Kennfusion had said before, to create monocolored Color of the Day teams each day is no must-be. feel free to play with whatever team you have or like.

we have already posted some nice monocolored team designs in this thread, and iā€™m sure this ā€œlibraryā€ will keep growing.

1 Like

Hello and ty, there are some very good ideas here, unfortunately I have yet to aquire Kerberos hopefully some day currently working on getting my deathnight class fully traited, I read some where that they plan on nerfing deathmark does anyone know if this is true?

Welcome.

My brown team is:
Gorgotha ***
Cockatrice ***
Emperor Khorvash ***
Soothsayer ***

My purple team will be:
Lady Anariel
Sea Troll
Queen mab ***
Queen mab ***

(I also used it for my blue team, but only 3 blue troops)

3 Likes

sorry, no.
but i guess it could be true. more than once i lost 3 creatures instantly in my very next turn after the opposing Deathknight had cursed my team.
i started to rely on impervious creatures.
hope you will find Kerberos soon. he is a bit IMBA too.
even we level 1000+ are missing creatures, right?
i still have no Draakulis, War, Death, Abynissia, Tesla, Stonehammer, Gardā€™s Avatar, Stormshield, Elemaugrim and some more.

So I used two different setups this morning.

The primary was Carnex***, Spirit Fox***, Kerberos***, Abynissia**

But there was one team with 3 blue troops, so I switched out Carnex for Amira in that one, and moved Kerberos to the first spot. And even with that, it was a very close match as they had some really lucky drops, but Amira pulled it off.

1 Like

Truly I am also missing death, war and drakulas as well as wulfgarok and the new one Elem-however you spell that plus a few others my teams keep changing but I was using
Green : Gloom leaf, giant spider, kraken, kraken or Green seer, giant spider, famine queen mab
Red: courage, valk, crimson bat, crimson bat
Brown: Emperor Khorvash, honor, keeper of souls, sheggra
For negating mana burn I am fond of triple dragon souls with giant spider, by the time giant spider is dead TDS is looping and mab cant touch him, usually anyway, also bogstrider works well in place of gloom leaf up above as he generates green and entangles wich works really well on skull spam teams
Thanks all for some really good ideas here, cant wait to give them all a try

2 Likes

Wow seriously liking the new lizard! Realizing that I have woefully been ignoring my beasts, and have very few totally traited I threw together a shucks n giggles team of Jackalope, Blizzard lizard (totally forget his real name) giant spider and queen mab, and by all it works! Lmbo, I havent had this many defense wins in a while. Even got me a win on a few double Kerbies :slight_smile: with forest gaurdian no less (i seriously need to get him fully traitedā€¦) js guys

Frost lizardā€¦is so mehā€¦liking blizzard lizard better for his name :slight_smile:

the double Kerbie teams can go through the ceiling!
Kerberos***/Giant Spider***/Forest Guardian***/Kerberos or Wulfgarok**
is a decent defense in this week of the beasts.

Unicorn Banner with +2 purple/+1 yellow/-1 red (no red) is a reasonable choice.

2 Likes

I just remembered why I hate using bone dragon. Just used it on a troop with 32 armour and got no skull matches ā€¦ turns out that is really bad.

1 Like

oh yes, they have nerfed him SO badly :disappointed_relieved:

my favorite PvP team had been Archer Hero (15% lethal skulldam)/Courage (badly nerfed too now)/Bone Dragon/Famine, and they were an awesome killing machine.
they achieved my longest winning streak of ā€œhonestā€ (only revenges and the rightmost hardest opponents, no easy peasy opponents or refresh) 479 wins in a row. it was like mowing hay. BD spammed the whole board with skulls and the Hero often lethal-skulldamaged 2 or 3 enemies in one strike. sometimes even total wipes.
those were the timesā€¦and yes, it was a bit UBERā€¦or muchā€¦
but now the machine stutters, again and again.
creating 15 skulls is not so bad, really. but the critical mass for at least one certain 4-skull match is a bit higher, so we must take care about the board and in emergency situations he can fatally fail now.

btw i just saw that the purple day enemy Paragon has fielded just that double-Kerberos/Forest Guardian/Giant Spider beast defense team with Unicorn Banner which Dizzi and me had spoken about.
3 of the 5 (one with Deathknight/Manacles instead of 2nd Kerberos) top players on the leaderboard rely on that team this week :rolling_eyes:

in PvP i lost against that team with my multi-colored regular attack team, so this is a tough cookie. good luck to all of us!

1 Like

So I just built a new purple team to take that down and it worked well:
Kerberos***, Spirit Fox***, Succubus***, Psion**

Just deny them mana. My Kerberos ate theirs in the first position, and my Succubus got the 4th pos Kerberos with Death Mark.

3 Likes

Also, I only have 1 Kerberos and and my Forest Guardian has no traits, so for def I went:
Gorgotha, Kerberos, Giant Spider, Moloch and it is 3 wins, 6 losses so far this morning. Better than I normally do.

1 Like

yeah, the Spirit Fox! i love him.
Succubus and esp Psion are great too.
grats on beating that beastly defense!

my purple team (Dragon Soul***/Wulfgarok**/Kerberos***/Spirit Fox***) still has to master that job.

2 Likes

I actually used 4 different teams this morning, and I think that is what I am enjoying the most, tweaking the base team.

I started with Carnex, Spirit Fox, Kerberos, Abynissia for the first two matches. For the 3 match I felt I needed more drain mana, so I switched Abynissia out and put Psion in the last spot. The 4th round he had 3 blue troops, so I switched to Kerberos, Spirit Fox, Amira, Abynissia. And then finally to Kerberos, Spirit Fox, Succubus, Psion for the last battle.

I need to go hunt some Arcane Spirits, as there were a couple times this morning, I would have liked to try Morthaniā€™s Will, but I am short for his Armored trait.

1 Like

the devs did a great job the way they implemented the guildwars indeed.

• sniffles- got no kerbies and relying heavily on mab this week. Also just a heads up: next week my ma is having surgery on tues, may be missing a couple days after that. Thanks for the reminder about psion Kenn I finally got him traited and havent really used him yet, looks like its time to see what he can do :wink:
1 Like

defenders had a good start. all beasts half-loaded, their first Kerbie got an instant mana surge and devoured my Kerberos very soon (Fox had to deplete Giant Spider before and was not ready again).
Dragon Soul was devoured as well and things didnā€™t look real good.

but in fact it was the turning point, because Wulf is impervious and Fox is stealthy. so no more devourments.
but ā€œonlyā€ 2,592 points for a 2-survivors win :upside_down:

3 Likes

Last two Guild Wars fights this morning were both Kerberos Forest Guardian, Giant Spider. One had a 2nd Kerberos, the other had some other tank, I forget which.

These were very tough fights with all blue teams, and I lost my tank on the final fight this morning, so no perfect score today.

Again, the fun part of GW is I played a lineup I would never have normally. I donā€™t think I have ever played Knights before:
Knight Coronet***, Emperor Khorvash***, Psion*, Queen Ysabelle* With the Frozen Banner +2 Blue, +1 Purple, -1 Red

In retrospect though, I donā€™t think the Queen did what I wanted her to do, which was use her to mana accelerate. I would have probably needed a +2 green banner maybe. The whole setup was a little slower than I like, so I might change her out for a faster Blue/Green or Blue/Red (and then change banner)

2 Likes