Gems of War News and Discussions

this All Red team achieved the perfect score of 3066 points for me.
as you can see Gloom Leaf did a great job. bringing down enemy armor and attack and pumping up his own. and his 3rd trait of reflecting 50% of incoming skull damage did not hurt either.
i switched my banner to supporting Gloom and Mist Stalker (green/purple), because the +2 red banner was totally useless for my Scale Guard (as opponent’s +2 red banner was against my sturdy or impervious team members).
Mist Stalker’s massive True Damage and Glooms ever rising attack made the day.

2 Likes

I managed to get wins with an all purple team.

Dragon soul, wulfgarok, bone dragon, wulfgarok

Only dragon soul is vulnerable to poison and it has resurrect so worked pretty well against naga/poison team.

2 Likes

It appears this has dropped off my devices and I don’t think I kept my code!!! Recoverable?

My understanding is that they register the accounts with e-mail addresses, but it’s voluntary, and it enables you to link devices (such as I have my account linked to the PC Steam version of Gems of War as well as my smartphone). If you registered with an e-mail address, and you know the e-mail address, I would hope that your account may be recoverable even without the associated password, but without the password you may need to contact them and see, although if you still have access to the e-mail account there may be an automated password reset?

Yeah, submitted a ticket in hope. I know it was registered as I had spent $$ and also played on two devices [quote=“JammaTal, post:1, topic:107, full:true”]
some essential changes for Kerberos in the last days.
his new spell is borderline UBERpowered now.
“50% chance to Devour an enemy” is frightening.

and his 3rd trait has been changed three times in the last few days:
from “summon a Ghoul when an enemy dies”
to “25% chance to summon a Warg when an ally dies”
to “summon a Warg when an enemy dies”.

the Warg itself has a 25% chance to “summon a Dire Wolf on death”.

in a battle vs a Kerberos team i felt like going against Zombies. they always came back.
so when my Bone Dragon was devoured he came back as Warg companion for the strengthened Kerberos :flushed:
that really hurts a lot.
[/quote]

i had lost my progress when all my iCloud backups were corrupted and refused to be resinstalled after a factory reset (apple support could not help).
best guess was that something in my kernel must have been damaged and so all created backups were damaged too.
a complete data wipe by connecting to PC (only way to delete ALL data from the ipad) and running fix maintenance brought my ipad back to life, but the backups were corrupted and lost.

and now for the enjoyable part: the GoW support was fast and friendly and helped me to get my progress back.

Sorry to keep highlighting this, but as this week the rule goes into effect, I want to make sure it can be found.

A couple other admin notes:

The intent of 6 matches a week is not to get some people who just play 6 a week. If that is the case, it’s really not fair to the spirit of the rule. So please keep that in mind. We can just leave this thought hanging out here for now and address it if needed.

Last week’s results in the GW tab is broken right now, which is no surprise, it’s like the wrong information they use to display on the guild roster screen. They are bad at data base stuff like that. So this means I won’t be able to check to make sure everyone has played after the week has ended. So I will be doing it on Saturday mornings…one day early. So don’t wait until Sunday to play a minimum of 6 matches…or if you need to…please come to this forum and either post something or send me a personal note.

1 Like

exactly the reason why devs had to fall back on player levels for determining the ranks for this week’s guild war, what is a pity.

competition for guild war ranks is fun and motivation.
i feel sorry for all players who have (i hope only temporarily) lost their well deserved higher guild ranks in the moment :bow:

i can recommend this All Green team (for next week’s green day), which fought its way to perfect score today:

Wulfgarok, Forest Guardian, Krystenax, Sylvanimora.
i always tried to keep Wulf loaded and to bring an enemy down into range of Wulf’s spell’s devour ability.
esp Forest Guardian was most useful for that, starting with half mana loaded and Banner supporting him.

Hey all, still working on recovering account. Any of you remember or have screen shots of my account from last year when in guild? I am sure I would have posted account name in the pockettactics forum but I can’t find the old thread (pre site migrate).

My records say your user name was just Baelnor. I usually record names exactly as they were in game.

All blue team this week

Emperor Korvash, Celestia, Krystenax, Queen Mab

I feel like there are a lot of options for blue teams. Borealis, Crimson Bat, Behemoth, the silent one, webspinner, justice all seem like decent-ish replacements. One of Celestia or Justice might be a must for gem generation, I am guessing.

1 Like

I am play testing Emperor Khorvash, Crimson Bat, Celestasia, Queen Ysabelle right now. I like the idea of Celestasia/Queen pumping the first troop.

(but it is so hard for me to play without Gorgotha, who I think is the best tank in the game)

I like explode a lot for generation, so might try Abynissia today instead. Still thinking.

EDIT: So I had my first 5/0 with all troops being Color of the Day (CotD). My blue team was:
Emperor Khovash***, Crimson Bat*, Abynissia**, Queen Ysabelle*
So not even a fully traited team (and most of the missing traits would have added very little).

2 Likes

Nice, congrats!

I really liked your suggestion, since Abynissia is the only “true” Mythic that I have in my deck & like the idea of getting her into action. :sunglasses:

Plus I’m a big Emperor Khorvash fan, as well as have a soft spot for Crimson Bat, who may have been the first troop that I ever fully traited. I ended up swapping out Queen Ysabelle for Krystenax, despite the weekly bonuses to Queen Ysabelle, it’s so hard to fire off that last troop but I’ve got Krystenax traited to Crystallize to become Enchanted for 2 mana per turn. :slight_smile:

Emperor Khorvash***, Crimson Bat***, Abynissia**, Krystenax*** ended up being my Blue team :sunglasses:

1 Like

the Wraith is my defense frontman, but i totally forgot about him when setting up my All Blue Team :rolling_eyes:
but the All Blues Emperor***, Celestasia***, Krystenax*, Psion*** could achieve perfect score without him.

we reached a new all time TKK record of 68,036 points, but…
at the same time it hurts so much that we seem to lose the blue guild war by just a few points :confounded:
68,036 vs 68,441 in the moment and about 1,5 hours to go.

we got some new guild members, but how can we be sure that they get to know about guild war contributions, guild chat and SP forum?
if only we could write our own text for guild message.

Apologies for my misinformation about guild wars requirements. I am just a natural troublemaker, it seems.

Anyway tried

Gorgotha, Korvash, Kerberos, Kerberos

as all brown and it seemed to work well enough

No need, it really was not all that clear. I only have stated recently that I was concerned about the policy of 6 matches being used for some people to only do 1 match every day forever. If someone only did 1 match each day it would be like 50 points a day. That’s not really helpful, so you might as well just not play at all.

The actual goal of having a rule at all is really to say:

“Hey try to play all of your matches each week. But if you can’t, try to play at least six so we know you are still looking to be active at some point, but we understand you are busy at work/school/vacation/etc for a few weeks. And hey, stop by the forum and let us know”

edit: [quote=“Debris, post:117, topic:107”]
Gorgotha, Korvash, Kerberos, Kerberos
[/quote]

Also, same, except that I put Famine in that last spot for the 2nd Kerberos.

You know you are just providing Kerberos extra food there :grin:

Woo hoo found it! It would be ridiculous to only play one match and I completely agree it would not be very helpful at all not to mention unfair to everyone else in the guild that is putting all their time and effort into it. However having to log in every single day and create a monocolored team every single day makes it more of a job than the stress relieving game I use it for. However I can promise to do better than just 6 matches and most definately will finish every day i do start

1 Like

Cool beans, and glad you found this.

We ARE a semi-casual guild, most of us are adults with jobs, many of us with kids, and it sounds like this will be a good fit for you, so welcome.

1 Like