Gems of War News and Discussions

Yes Venata, that is a great team and I have one. Like all GoW teams though, each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Drain teams and teams with impervious traits are a problem for this build, not unbeatable, just a problem. Keep fighting and good luck. Your level increases as you trait up troops and your kingdoms.

a very good team indeed :+1:

instead of Sea Troll a Wisp or second Kraken could be added as well.
just a matter of taste. all good teams.

1 Like

must say that i donā€™t like the new looks of GoW screens :persevere:

esp the main playing board looks so flat and ugly and is much harder to read now.
very disappointing.

i remember patch notes from an earlier update praising the introduction of more beautiful symbols. now they look like a childā€™s drawing in black and white.

Yeah, the forums are overwhelmingly negative. I had a really hard time seeing the board. And I totally donā€™t get the defense changes for GW.

I kind of like the new interface outside of the main board. Agree 100%, though, that the playing board is virtually unreadable. And the app seems to be a real battery hog nowā€“my phone was noticeably hotter after just a couple of matches.

I get why they made the defense changes, but itā€™ll be interesting to see if they have any impact. Will the benefits of diversifying your defense team outweigh the benefit of winning more defense matches?

potential bonus points for using 18 different troops: 0 ??
not yet functional at all?

and i stumbled upon the ā€œstealth bugā€.
enemy fox was shown to me as ā€œstealthyā€ but my Famine could fire its spell at him nonetheless. and there were still two non-stealthy defenders on duty :thinking:

Debris? i hope you are ok.
we really need our Honorary Paragon in GWs.

yes, the new battle screen is a pain. numbers on creatures are so hard to read.
the look is bland and flat. many bugs are creeping around.
but donā€™t let you put off by all of this!

1 Like

All my stuff looks the sameā€¦ maybe they put it all back?

would be nice, but no.
are you sure you have updated to 3.2 ?

btw Dungeon and Soulforge still broken :frowning2:

Ahhhā€¦nope I havenā€™t updated from the App Store (iOS). Will try to hold off for a bit. Still seems to load and play.

Wish I had waited to update to 3.2. The new look is truly awful in every respect. And more difficult to read/play.

Apologies for missing first half of week. Computer was out of action for 4 days.

1 Like

LOL

interesting infos on the gemsofwar.com forum.

the whole original dev team had left the publisher (donā€™t know the reasons).
so the publisher decided to fusion GoW with Magic Puzzle Quest.
same look, same engine, same dev team for both now.
a very bad idea imho.
the MtG PQ devs are noobs for GoW, and obviously totally overwhelmed with the task.
a gigantic list of bugs just now.
to dump the original very appreciated UI design and game artwork is a frightening display of ignorance.
so disgusting! i think i will never ever like the new look.

interesting read on the forum.
many players are leaving the game. it will never be the same.

Yeah, I am just going through the motions at the moment. I am playing GWs, but I cannot say I am trying very hard.

I am not ready to call it quits yetā€¦and will give them another patch or two, but that is about it.

3 Likes

exactly the same for me.
will play GW, but reluctantly. all other activities suspended.

odds and probabilities definitely out of order. 7 revivals in a row for Dragon Soul. Kraken keep devouring all the time.
ridiculous.

2 Likes

I get the feeling that someone behind the game had made a decision that the game would be more appealing if it was a bit more challenging to win games so upped occurrence bonuses for the AI. They are probably just realising that this completely overpowers certain troops (Kraken) and teams so you can be completely helpless if the AI gets lucky.

I am hoping that now that they have the interface in that they can concentrate on bug and balance issues.

MtG PQ is an ugly game, and now I see exactly what happened hereā€“thanks for the insight, JammaTal.

I feel the same as Kenn and JammaTal at this point. Iā€™ll stick with it as long as you guys do and hope for a patch that takes things back to the way they were. Itā€™s sad to see what was a really fun, well-managed game degenerate like this.

3 Likes

in the forum more than 20 bugs are listed for the moment, but the list keeps growing as more and more bugs are found.
honestly itā€™s a desaster.

features like the just introduced (with much boohey) defense adjustment sliders, the Dungeon and the Soulforge are broken for many days now.

and the new devs are totally unresponsive on all that.

Hmmm. I might be missing out on a lot of the bugs because I play on PC. Soulforge and Dungeon are working for me, at least. I tried to load it on my mobile to compare but it is apparently not available for Windows Phone (donā€™t judge me).