Gems of War News and Discussions

I’m of the same mind as the others who are about ready to call it quits with this game. The changes have sapped a lot of the fun out of it. Knowing that the original dev team is out makes a huge difference—in the past, I had faith that things would improve, but this new group obviously hasn’t earned the same level of trust.

2 Likes

That does explain a lot. :anguished:

I’ve not been enjoying GoW what with all the bugs and patch disasters, and changing the look wasn’t an improvement, for me. I’ve been hanging in there because of the guild, and I’ve pretty much always had a go-to match-3 game on my mobile device for quick fun, but there are so many options for my time that I’m uncertain how long I’ll give these new folks to right the ship.

So I hastily threw together defense teams to try to get to 24 unique troops yesterday. The goal was to get to 24 uique troops (although the game is telling me I only have 21 unique troops ???bug???) .

My goal was to have an Stoneskin or Armored in the first spot and an Impervious or Fortitude troop in the last spot on each team. If I had a specific anti-color troop, I put that in (I still have not decided if I want to craft the weapons or not for this purpose? Maybe purple, since I don’t have an anti-purple troop).

So here are my teams for now, I thought I would share them for ideas for everyone. Please share yours:

Red Day - Carnex, Sylvanimora, Lord Ironbeard, King Highforge
Blue Day - Lava Elemental, Giant Spider, Amira, Dracos
Brown Day - Golem, Gnoll, Queen Ysabelle, Manticore
Green Day - Kerberos, Wayfinder, Forest Guardian, Wulfgarok
Purple Day - Gorgotha, Moloch, Abynissia, Plague
Yellow Day - Archon Statue, Desdaemona, Famine, Behemoth

1 Like

I had not even noticed the defense teams until now. I will need to look at defense teams. Teams I am looking at

Celestia, Dragon Soul, Krystenax,Sylvanimoria
Forest Troll, Yasmine’s Chosen, Queen Mab, Queen Aurora
Gorgotha, Great Maw, Moloch, Dracos
Wulfgarok, Fenrir, Forest Guardian, Spirit Fox

Not sure how much colours matter for defense teams. Do weapons count?

hmmm, I don’t think our colors matter for defense, only unique troops…but I am not positive on that. If the defense teams are CotD also, that changes things.

Hi everyone. I’m having difficulty getting the game to load properly. I keep getting stuck on the spinning “loading” icon or just plain crashing. It’s pretty frustrating, and I can’t really play. I have two windows of time on weekdays to get some games in, and I’m not really able to. Gonna take a few days of break from the game, and try fussing with GoW later later this weekend. Feel free to kick me and find someone who can play GW.

hello Diane,
i think we should not kick honorable long term team members (like you) in these rough times.
so many problems, so many crashes, so many bugs.
game keeps crashing for me at loading too.
and not long ago Holsten could not connect to the server for a whole day.
and i have noticed that even the slightest weakness of WiFi brings connection down or prevents loading.

we are cruising in rough seas and must try to survive.
the latest disappointing hotfix (Dungeon and Soulforge still buggy/down) showed that it might take some time :persevere:

1 Like

Yeah, unlikely I kick any Sentinel when I can’t even find recruits to play GW.

1 Like

FYI, I’ll be traveling, to include visiting family, for a couple of weeks. I’ll endeavor to get some GoW Guild Wars in but my participation may be spotty.

Well, after 1060 days in the guild, playing mostly casually but putting my time in for GW to help the team, I think the game has found a way to get me to quit. I missed two days this week, and with the latest changes in the last month it took a lot of efforts to log in and play the other ones.

The game is a mess, has been getting worse and worse for me for at least a year, and with original design team gone I don’t see it ever getting better enough to get me hooked again. Oh well, can’t say I didn’t have fun for all these years.

Thanks for the friendly environment everyone. It was a pleasure being part of your crew, and who knows, our paths may cross again in a future online endeavour. The old Pocket Tactics, replaced by Stately Play will remain a good read, even if I don’t post much.

1 Like

Wow … what a downer.

M: PQ is an okay game. It’s reasonably fun, semi-challenging, and has been updated pretty regularly.

But it is not an attractive game. Why would anyone want to mimic it?

1 Like

IMPORTANT: I followed an advice from the gow forum and registered my account to my E-Mail, made a screenshot of my password, deleted the game and installed it new… had to play the tutorial again, linked to my account and voila, all graphics in place. Forge and dungeon works and everything looks a lot better!

Everything at options -> Account

1 Like

That advice was for ios player with missing icons and not working dungeon and forge etc. I think PC player did not have those bugs, and I don‘t know about android.

Interesting, because I am on ios and don’t have any of those problems.

Did that fix repair the “resetting defense troops” bug? Cause it’s awfully hard to get the bonus points for the different troops when the stupid game keeps putting everything back to the same team.

At least it did not happen to me anymore yet. But 2 days is not enough to call the defense bug solved, it also did not happen to me everyday before, but often. Nasty bug :confused:

Thanks for the tip. I did the delete & install thing and now the Dungeon & Soulforge seem to work. Only one crash - right at the very start after reconnecting to my account. I get some missing graphics in the display before a battle but that is not a deal-breaker.

I could no longer see gem counts during PvP battles and found that to be a real nuisance - until I remembered that it is an option that I had to turn back on.

On the “other topic” of defence teams resetting - I had not noticed that until yesterday and it is a real pain.

you can notice a small loading circle in the down right corner when graphics are missing. just wait a bit till they have loaded. from then on they will be always there.

very much so. program keeps resetting all my defenses to a team “from the past” :flushed:
i had deleted that troop design to avoid having to go into first day with a 3-unique-troops-only team. but you can’t fight a bug.
but where does the program take that deleted design from? own memory bank, i suppose.

mine keeps getting reset also, and I cant seem to make it stop.

I just found this on the forum and it worked for me:

1. Hit “edit team” on incorrect defense team.

2. Swap to the correct team within the edit menu by tapping on the banner and selecting the correct team.

3. Back out 1 time to GW Defense screen.

4. From GW Defense screen, change incorrect defense team to the correct screen by tapping on the banner.

5. Hit “edit team” on the correct defense team.

6. Back out all the way to main screen and quit the game.
2 Likes

FYI - I will be going on a cruise ship today for the next week. I am supposed to have wi-fi the whole time, so I should b around…but you never know. So if I am MIA, that is why.

2 Likes