Gems of War News and Discussions

i’m really sorry to see you go, Sjeng.
member of TKK for 685 days :thinking:

2 Likes

Best wishes to you Sjeng. Will miss you.

1 Like

You have been given the boot! :smiley:

Sind a a few weeks i have a team that have good succes in pvp and guild wars.

Emperor khorvash … 3 traits
Valkerie - … 3 traits
Infernal king - … 3 traits
Giant spider - … 3 trits

Banner: Dragon Banner…

The idea is: valkyrie Transform a selected mana colorn to blue, this i good for Emperor and the stun trait wen ther a 4 or 5 matches… and Giant spider its taking some blue thanks to the waterlink trait of valkyrie…

Giant spider transform a selected color to purple, this is good for boost Infernal king hes mana and he summon a level 28 spider swarm when i have a empty place and the spider swarm have the trait piosion enemy when do skull damage…

I have many games that i have a minimum of 12 turns on a row, i see it as a looping team with a powerfull attacking and spell… i have many games win with this team, sometimes its not working but thats the game you win of you lose.

3 Likes

Been a while since I posted what teams I am using so here they are. All troops are fully traited.

Green: Wulfgarok, Fenrir, Forest Guardian, Queen Aurora
Red: Jarl, Dragon Soul, Moloch, Kruarg the Dread (just replaced Wulfgarok)
Yellow: Gorgortha, Great Maw, Moloch, Dracos 1337
Blue: Borealis, Emperor Korvash, Krystenax, Queen Mab
Brown: Emperor Korvash, Great Maw, Kerberos, Sylvanimora
Purple: Dragon Soul, Queen Mab, Kerberos, Dracos 1337

Any suggested improvements or team swaps welcome.

2 Likes

a very good hint on Kruarg for a red team’s last slot.
he had been dumped into my “pretty much useless” box for far too long :persevere:
and this week is the time to craft all his traits.

I have that Yellow and Brown team fully traited, will try them out this week.

Kruarg is very situational. You are probably right that he is useless normally. I was basically looking for a red impervious troop which was good in last spot and kruarg was best I found.

I was actually thinking of traiting up Barbearius this week for the last spot on red teams, Impervious + Regen

The super-duper mana drain team I keep running into (Psion/Emperor Khorvash/Spirit Fox/Moloch) is a giant pain in the ass. I have less trouble with the crazy looping teams than I do with that one, for some reason.

EDIT: Also, another complaint–troops whose attacks should only apply to a couple of opponents, but if one of those opponents die, they carry over to the next available troop. I can’t tell you how many times Emperor Khorvash has killed one of my first two troops and ended up stunning and draining the third one. That doesn’t seem right.

1 Like

My experience is that this is one of the things that was broken with the major malfunction patch that broke so many things that I’m mystified how it passed through testing and QA. I know of what you speak, I never saw it before the patch/update, but I do see it now.

[quote=“Falkenstein, post:472, topic:107, full:true”]My experience is that this is one of the things that was broken with the major malfunction patch that broke so many things that I’m mystified how it passed through testing and QA. I know of what you speak, I never saw it before the patch/update, but I do see it now.
[/quote]

Same here–I was just reminded of the issue while I was fighting off that *#&!%!# mana drain team again. At least I was successful the second time–threw my Abhorath/Green Slime/Valkyrie/Keeper of Souls team at it and made it out with two troops to spare.

I saw the announcement of a new mythic, so I went through and cashed in all the saved chests/gems I had—probably about 500 glory chests and close to 400 gem chests. Not. One. Mythic. :rage:

I’d like to see the devs take a cue from Fire Emblem: Heroes. That game got dull pretty quickly, but one thing they do right is slowly increase the likelihood of pulling a 5* hero each time you fail to summon one. Once you get a top-tier character, the percentage resets to a very small value.

GoW does give you the ability to craft troops, unlike FE:H, but going through almost 1000 chests with no top-tier troops is still pretty galling.

Yeah, that’s really absurd. I’ve had a similar experience in the recent past and feel now as though they’ve noticeably decreased the odds of pulling mythics as the game has gone along. And the crafting system is quite limited, IMO.

1 Like

Same thing has happened to me. I haven’t gotten a mythic in 2 weeks of chests. I think it’s all about the money now.

and i have noticed that grinding Arcane Stones in explorations has become borderline senseless since introduction of The Forge.

more than 70 explorations and no single Arcane Stone. waste of time.

That idea i had it 2, i looking for 1 arcane stone, 2 days later and 120 games later nothing… But when i buy a vip chest than have i many more arcane as a koppel weeks back.

1 Like

I have never really grinded for arcane stones, I just wait for them on Glory weeks.

To be fair to the game, I don’t think it is just simply a “cash grab” their policies, I think it IS about monetizing the game in order to justify further development. I work in a related field of Digital Marketing and pricing/monetization on a game this far out of launch has to be really difficult for them. Your DAU/MAU just go down over time, you cost per acquisition of new customers goes up over time, and they were fairly generous for a long time.

Additionally, some of the best teams don’t use Mythics. They are fun, I used Wulfgarok today, but I could have put quite a few other impervious troops in his place and ended 4/1 still.

I have had the opposite experience with mythics. More mythics have dropped for me in the past two months than the rest of the time I have played the game. I thought it always had a shocking bad rate for dropping mythics. I was definitely past level 500 before I got my third mythic (first two both being Wulfgarok).

I have definitely noticed a drop-off in traitstone drop rate.

I know I am fairly new and I do not know a lot about this game, but I just played a comp and tried it out for myself and it seems great. I thought I would share.

Forest Troll / Sea Troll / Kraken / Queen Mab

My team level is only 6630 and I just beat a 9000+ team with the comp. It is just an infinite loop. Forrest Troll tangles the first unit, so they can’t skull attack and Queen freezes everyone else so they cant loop. It was pretty fun and thought I would share!

1 Like