Gems of War News and Discussions

I’d have to run Sea Troll, as Korvash is another of these omnipresent characters I am still missing (not that I complain, as I have plenty of other options).

I am working on my kingdoms, i have now 10 kingdoms on lvl 10 and earn 5 stars. Its a long road to upgrade all kingdoms full, but it is great to see the extra skillbonus…

And when they are full than is that not any more to do, then can i drop many gold more to the guild. Yes i love this good guild!

2 Likes

How are folks dealing with the goblin teams with Nobend, 2x Fizzbang, and Grapplepot? I only win if I get lucky with gems and/or devours.

you definitely need Queen Mab when going against these.
you might change her in to one of your teams just for that battle.

or try ForestTroll/Kraken/Mab/Kraken (2xblue/purple). full traits are important though.
an awesome team, to say the least.
they carried me to PvP rank 1 in no time with a 22-0 score vs all sorts of nasty defenses you can think on. (rank 1000+ the rightmost PvP defenses are as nasty as they can get.)
clashed into some FizzGrappGobs on the way.

but with whatever CotD team it’s a suicide mission for sure…

1 Like

i came upon that Nobend/2xFizz/Grapple team in battle 4 and decided for the Krakens+Mab.
they stomped brutally over the Gobs in no time :hushed:
a bit more than 1000 points is better than a loss.

1 Like

I did not come across that team, both my losses this morning came against double wisp teams. Mab would have helped there also, but I have never traited her out…guess I will have to now.

Queen Mab is in her second spring. what a comeback!

btw that ForestTroll/2xKraken/Mab team is a decent defense too.
14-5 at my last log in.

but i lost the final battle vs another Kraken design (Yasmine’s Chosen/Spider). so the Kraken concept not really disproved.

simple reason: my both Krakens were first loaded up but failed to devour.
his Kraken fired his spell three times in the battle and successfully devoured each time :confounded:
not bad for 3x 40% chance…

i have noticed for a long time now that esp A.I. Devourers seem to succeed at nearly 100%. quota boosted for A.I. to make for a better opponent?
maybe something like 90% for the A.I. Bot?
a common practice to upgrade artificial “intelligence” performance in many games. just boosting the RNG chances.

I have noticed that also. I have changed my top team away from devour because it never procced. But, it seems 4/5 times the enemy’s devour works… So annoying. They should take devour out of the game because I don’t like when RNG rules. But, I guess most of this game is RNG, so I can’t complain…

the same for some 25% revivals.
Dragon Soul and Infernal King are regularly revived 4 out of 5 times for the A.I.
i had 5 such revivals in a match. drove me mad.

best way to deal with A.I. Kraken is to place an impervious unit in slot 4.
not in the last few weeks of course, but now again :smirk:

Glad to hear that Impervious is now working again against Devour! Is it also fixed against Mana Burn, do we know?

Yes, my team of Carnex, Plague, Dracos, Behemoth could not be touched by anything today. It was only 3 CotD, but I had all devour/mana burn teams and they just ate right through those. Fortunately, I saw no wisp teams, as I would have had to actually figure something else out.

Still cannot figure out how to beat Wisp. I am not even trying CotD. Wisp teams just beat me every time. What are you all using?

mirror match is an option.
or a Wisp team with Fox/Mab vs Wisps without her.
but ForestTroll/Kraken/Mab/Kraken can win too.
but no guarantee. Wisps can always win. easily.

my next GW match is vs 2xWisp/Kraken/Krystenax :confounded:

1 Like

I literally just got my ass handed to me twice on mirror against 2xWisp/Kraken/Krystenax. RNGesus hates me.

I am going to have to grind the stones to trait Mab I guess.

I am the only one tired of those mega looping turns by the computer crushing a clean team down to one or zero characters since they brought back the Mana Cascade logic to the computer? I’m all for games being tougher, but when you need to win before the cpu triggers a single ability it is bringing me close to dropping the game for a while…

1 Like

Being crushed without a chance to fight back is indeed, er, crushing. Then when you use the same team and you get nowhere because it does not fall for you … also crushing.

The uncertainty is necessary if annoying at times - it is the “never had a chance” feeling which sucks. But I have had some great battles fighting the tide (and then losing or winning).

Today my all CotD team faced Dark Troll/3xKraken and lost easily then went back in and won with what I like to call skill.

1 Like

As someone who is currently running a Wisp team, I can tell you the thing I have the hardest time with is Goblin teams and teams with a couple Famine (with the right support). The Goblin teams essentially make it a 50/50 luck match–which ever one of us can take board control first and deny the other productive turns is the one who wins.

I have not had much of an issue with Mab/Kraken teams, honestly. This may be in part because I’ve got a Kraken on my team too, so the same colors help me. Or I may just be getting lucky so far :wink:

Hey guild.
Kinda busy past week and this week. So I am strugling to fullfil the requirements.
Besides being busy I dont enjoy the game as I used to do. The requirement for the amount of battles each day is also feeding that feeling. So thinking about taking a break. Building our home the coming half year. So feel free to move me out of the guild this Saterday.
Thanks all.

So you are making me do the dirty work and kicking you? Did you use to make girls break up with you? :grin:

Just let us know if you want to return at some point, door is always open.

1 Like

Haha.
Guess you have a point @kennfusion , but I wanted to inform you first.
And I just looked, but I cant find a wat to leave our guild. Also cant kick myself…