Gems of War News and Discussions

confirmative. @robthomasson is Serenissima.

Indeed I am.

If I had known at the start that I would end up exposing my GoW persona to the general public, I would have chosen some variant of my normal screen presence ā€¦

2 Likes

Big update today, with boss fights (fights against crazy-strong troops) and crafting through the new Soulforge. While Iā€™m a little worried that adding crafting will make the game more ā€œpay to win,ā€ Iā€™m also hopeful itā€™ll make it easier to trait out those troops Iā€™ve been struggling with and create missing Mythics.

Thereā€™s also been a UI overhaul thatā€™s just different enough to be annoying at the moment.

1 Like

txtaz88 here. Iā€™m a recruit and just moved from another guild. Canā€™t start Guild Wars till next week due to the move. Please donā€™t kick me. Thanks.

1 Like

No worries Txtaz, I know you canā€™t play GW for another week. Welcome to the guild.

guys, level up your Soulforge to 5 asap and you will be in HEAVEN :innocent:
eg 12 Venom Stones! i need those so badly (Plague, Venoxia, Nyx etc) and had explored for them like crazy lately, getting only one in about 30 explorations.
and now i can take a Traitstones bath in Dagobert Duck style :grin:

I dunno, man, two Celestial traitstones for every Arcane seems a little steep ā€¦

Did you level it up through kills or just pay the gems?

i have lots of Celestials (71) and always felt angry when getting one more.
not any longer :smirk:

i never have paid for gems or stones. only once for VIP level 3, and only for rewarding the devsā€™ great work. the rewards are nothing to write home about.
got the most Celestials in explorations.

oh, you meant the Soulforge. just the same, by PvP and explorations. no gems.
except the first two (cheap) levels. i had not noticed the option to do it by kills :rolling_eyes:

a recommendable exploration team is Krystenax/Bulā€™Tauros/Spirit Fox/Goblin Shaman. very fast wins.

the weapons are not so bad too. with Team and Sentinel bonuses it can add up to about 100+ damage vs brown defenders.
for only 13 green mana. and the Hunter starts half loaded and is good for 15% chance of lethal damage. ouch. let the brown attackers come on me on brown day :sunglasses:
great options to build special defense teams for each color day in GW.

oh ohā€¦in what kind of defenses will we run into very soon :flushed:
goodbye to CotD attack teams when such CotD defenders will rise?

71 Celestials?!? Iā€™ve got 7 right now.

1 Like

I nearly fell into that trap. Almost lost all my celestial traitstones. Be interested to see what the requirements are to create mythical troops.

It will make soul grinding feel like less of a chore now that it also levels up the soul forge.

Also you can get triple value on weeks where the event works in Explore in addition to PvP. Like this week I am doing soul hunting in Suncrest because of Storm Warning and have my Soul Forge up to level 3 now that way.

1 Like

Well, now I feel stupid ā€¦ I threw gems at the Soulforge until it levelled itself right up. No need for that sort of hurry, time needed to build up my shards and topaz and the like ā€¦ but at least I had loads of gems.

I donā€™t seem to have any Celestials though ā€¦ first time that has been the shortage ā€¦ until now the bottleneck has always been Arcane stones ā€¦

later we can forge Celestial Stones too :expressionless:

It appears the higher end stuff will require an enormous number of souls (350,000 for this weekā€™s mythic as an example) as well as other stuff so efficient soul grinding team is going to come in handy if you are aspiring to that.

Hai Guyz! Long time no see! Iā€™m amazed that it took this long to find this site but it appears quite a few of the old Pocket Tactics gang is here! Glad to see that your Guild is still going strong.

So what is everyoneā€™s initial impression of the Dungeon/Crafting update? I do like the new Dungeon battles, the new and improved bosses are really neat. The crafting system Iā€™m going to reserve judgement on, some of the troops/weapons are really expensive. I do have a goal to craft that Xanthos Mythic but itā€™ll take a couple months to get the 4,000 Diamonds need to get that sucka.

The new AI on the other hand is a total pain in my opinion - the infinite looping and waterfall cascades have become ridiculous. It seems like I lost more Guild War battles just this week alone then the entire previous month! Bracket One is a stressful nightmare by the way - itā€™s either Drain Spam, Double Wisp, or Mab Justice teams run amok.

Glad to stumble in here and find yā€™all again :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think what annoys me the most is how long the AI turns have become. I have literally had an AI take 2 minutes to complete a turn because of all the gem matching going on. That is not fun or interactive. The AI is a lot less predictable than it used to be.

thatā€™s because of all the individual slider setups now.

and the fact that gigantic mana- and skull-slides are back on stage is undeniable!

@Emos Yeah, I donā€™t know I would have ever found SP if not for being in our GoW guild and having someone mention it there.

@Debris I think there is an overall tweak to the gem drops, as I really think I am getting a lot more favorable drops myself.

Entangle still messes up the AI though, it will often match skulls when entangled when it would have been better off leaving the skulls or disrupting them by taking gems below the skulls. Itā€™s still just a bad AI, it just makes different bad decisions than before.

Since my normal soul hunting/explore team is a dragon team anyway, Krystenax, Dragon Soul, Sylvanimora, Dragonian Monk, I get Entangle a lot. Although I got the new Mythic yesterday, Yasmineā€™s Chosen from keys, so I might switch her in for Sylvanimora once I get her third trait. Her cost of 21 is just barely over Sylvā€™s to start with and entangle on green match seems nice.

Hi Emos! glad to see you again :upside_down:

had tried to contact you on PT.
what happened to the Rainmakers?
couldnā€™t find the Rainmakers on the leaderboard any more.
maybe in blind spot range of #50+ to #167 (as far as i can scroll upwards)?

TKK is stronger than ever and very active in guild wars.
normal guild leaderboard #192, but in GW ranking #126.
good proof for our strength in GWs.