Gems of War News and Discussions

One general tip is to not put the troop which generate more troops in first position if you can help it. That troop is by far the most likely to die first.

I usually only have about a 1/3 defense success myself. I had been running what I call Tank and Drain, which was Gorgotha, Emperor Khorvash, Moloch, Famine.

Because I got Wulfgarok this week, I just setup Kerberos***, Giant Spider***, Forest Guardian***, Wulfgarok** to see how that does on def.

One team I have been thinking about on def is Krystenax, Chimera, Astral Spirit, Drake Rider. While Krys has a high casting cost, the others will fill real fast.

There is always the classic dragon team

Celestasia, Dragon Soul, Krystenax, Sylvanimora

It is hard for even AI to play that too badly. I might try switching to it as

Wulfgarok, Wulfgarok, Forest Guardian, Fenrir

is only having modest success.

Finally grinded out the stones in explore to finish the 3rd trait on Plagueā€¦and boy is that no joke. 3 skill point loss is nice, especially if you can string some together.

Trying to figure out what to put with him to ensure more 4 and 5 point matches. I need to grind the stones for Jotnar Stormshieldā€™s 3rd trait now. Barrier on 4 or 5 seems really powerful.

Anyone else have Plague? If so, have you found a good team for him?

Thanks all!

gister had ik een tegenstander bij guild wars met een compleet mystic goblin team die alle traits had en volledig geupgrade was met kasteelbonus en al erbij. Mijn team was de helft sterker als die van hem, maar met de juiste keuzes won ik van hem.

ik wil dus maar zeggen, de hoogte van een team of de sterkte wil niet altijd betekenen dat je geen kans maak om te winnen.

:joy:
and yes: confirmative/precies goed!

oeps i see that the text in dutch is, haha sorry!

My son Voetbaldraak is leveling his kingdoms but they are very low, he drops less gold on the guild task.
I drop gold extra for him.

no problem. just a little copy&paste on google translate.

when leveling up kingdoms money contributions can be low.
thatā€™s ok.

I just notice the next statue level bonus after 100. 10,000? Really?

Itā€™s probably a placeholder. My guess is that they were unsure at the time if they wanted bonuses above 100, and it was easier to code with the option to add additional levels than to limit it. But it sounds like lazy coding to me, as it could have just been a ā€œaddā€ button to add more levels to the scale.

itā€™s a bit disappointing too that player levels over 1000 donā€™t bring any progress at all.
maybe each 100th level from then on?
i will see when reaching level 1100.

BTW, I found out how to get my win rate up a lot on Defenseā€¦score a 2nd Famine.

I am now running:

Carnex***, Famine***, Plague***, Famine****

Itā€™s 60% win on def today so far.

[quote=ā€œkennfusion, post:374, topic:107, full:trueā€]
BTW, I found out how to get my win rate up a lot on Defenseā€¦score a 2nd Famine. [/quote]

I would love to score a second Famine ā€¦ but I donā€™t have a first one. :unamused:

Iā€™d love if, instead of putting out new mythics and increasing the likelihood of pulling one for a week, the game had a week where the likelihood of pulling existing mythics went up. There are a few troops Iā€™d love to have but doubt Iā€™ll ever get.

On defense ā€¦ the best win rate I had on defense came on yellow day, when I simply ran a team of 4 Spirit Foxes. Doubt it would do well any other day, but it was great that day.

2 Likes

That is really cool, I might try that. We had a fight against 4x Astral Spirit the other day that was actually a fun challenge. I beat it, but I got a little lucky also with skulls I was able to leave for bait for the AI.

The problem I have with a CotD based defense is that I forget to change it in time and than itā€™s up half the next day also. But I think they are actually working on a multi-day defense system where you can setup defense teams in advance.

I think you can set a defence team for each day in advance using the ā€œDefenseā€ column on the Schedule screen ā€¦ if not then i am not sure what that column does.

Wow, I have never noticed that there! Ok, I need to set that up!

Guild Rules

We are a semi-casual guild that wants to be semi-serious about Guild Wars. This means two thiings, most of us are adults with families and jobs and lives and sometimes we just cannot play 30 games of Guild Wars a week on time. We also realize though that in not playing, it hurts those that want to win daily.

So the rules for our long time members, Sentinels are essentially the same, but this post serves to help ensure that more dedicated GW players join and stay in the future.

Gold

There are no real rules here other than donate something weekly. If you donā€™t have all Kingdoms at level 10, that should be your primary focus for gold. You should get all of your kingdoms to level 5 to start, and then work on your +Magic towns to 10, and then whatever you want after that.

You should still donate weekly, something like 20k-25k as a token, you get that much from guild efforts each Monday.

Promotions are done based on overall gold level at 100k, 500k and 1 million, and happen on Saturday mornings.

Guild Wars

If you are a recruit, you are required to play Guild Wars every day. Recruits who miss a single battle will be removed from guild the following morning. No exceptions.

If you are a Legionnaire and you get 1 grace day in a week. Otherwise, you should be playing 5 GW matches a day.

If you are a Commander, you get 2 grace days in a week. Otherwise, you should be playing 5 GW matches a day.

If you are a Sentinel, technically we have a 6 match minimum weekly. Of course you all know the intent is for you to play 5 matches daily.
Please let me know if you will be out for more than a couple days, either in game, but preferably here since you can tag me here or send me a private note and I wonā€™t miss it.

Sentinels that go MIA for 5 days based on Last Activity, without saying anything will be assumed to have quit the game.

BUTā€¦if I know who you are here on Stately Play, I will send you a note checking in on you first. Generally I give you 72 hours to respond, but itā€™s never gone that long.

People I have names for: @JammaTal, @HolstenKnight, @geigerm, @Jaels, @N4S3, @biffpow, @Cyrddin, @Falkenstein, @Jules, @Debris, @MadManDan, @Diane, @Venata, @pauzemenu (DragonSoul and Voetbaldraak), @robthomasson , @txtaz88

But, if you donā€™t see your name on the list, please make sure I see your SP name for my list.

9/30/17 Update - I have stopped tracking gold amounts weekly, as I just track GW scores each Monday. That said, I still look at gold donated every Saturday morning for promotions. Recruits with 0 gold on a Saturday morning get kicked.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure Serenissima is @robthomasson.

Yeah, thatā€™s right. Not sure why I did not have that annotated. thanks, will update after he confirms.