Gems of War News and Discussions

Hello Guild members!

I am Dragonsoul a player from Holland and i join this guild yesterday, also my son Voetbaldraak has join this guild.
We are playing Gems of War since 2 years with a break for 8 months, i playing now with my new account name Dragonsoul for a month of 3.

We are very happy to join this very active guild, we are active players and we will drop gold many as we can sow that we can help the guild and toghter with al of you we stand strong!

Sorry for my bad englis!

Greets

4 Likes

welcome! great to have you both with us now :blush:

@JammaTal I still think the real challenge is getting the mythic troops in the first place. I still only have 2 of them after all this time. Traiting them is mostly a matter of patience. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you

Double Arcane Shield this weekā€¦

Behemoth is very notable for Impervious. Also his 3rd trait can get really out of hand in a good way for you.
Emperor Khorvashā€™s 3rd trait is one of the best IMO.
On Blue and Brown days, I have one of these two in almost every lineup.

For soul hunting I guess Pharos-Ra.

Stonehammer if you have him, great tank.

War

1 Like

i still had some doubts about my 4xRed Orc team, so was trying something new for red day: Gloom Leaf/Ragnagord/Wulfgarok/Garā€™Nok

i should have had trust in the Orcs. the newbies lost 3rd battle and the Orcs had no problems to take revenge and to win the last battle too.

Guild wars is for my a little tricky, i understud the most of it but not everything I do my best to score many points as possibol.

just try and have fun. points are nice but not overly important.

wowā€¦I have never actually seen that before

Valk, Justice, Queen Maab, Mercy

I have fought that team a million times and have never had a problem.

On his first turn, he went infinite and killed me. huh

Geez ā€¦ I knew that team could be pretty badassā€“I use it as a defense team myselfā€“but first turn?!?

I guess any team, or at least any sensible team, could get lucky and win that quickly given the necessary perfect storm of gems.

Like most I have had battles where I get trashed, then faced the same team and strolled to victory without fuss. But nothing is ever certain ā€¦

that veteran blue themed team Valk/Justice/Mab/Mercy can totally go through the ceiling, oh yeah.
every now and then. mostly not so. much depends on Mercyā€™s first spell.

Double Arcane Lava this week. Double weeks are always best use of glory.

I might raise Dark Monolith this week, his 3rd trait, Absorb Power, seems like it might snowball nicely against some teams.

Elemaugrimā€¦I donā€™t haveā€¦but itā€™s 3rd trait is great.

Gardā€™s Avatar - this one I do have. I donā€™t have the Arcane Storm, but I will stockpile some Lava for him.

Gorgon - For us more veteran players ignoreā€¦but for some of our newer members without a lot of troops, Gorgon is a solid tank. Stoneskin, Fast, does some damage and generates with destroy.

Jarl Firemantle - solid to trait out. I personally donā€™t like itā€™s ability so much especially at 15 cost. But a lot of our guild uses this troop.

Ketras the Bull - wish I had

King Highforge - Will be nice on Dwarf week sometime. I donā€™t think I am going to use stones on him this week though.

Lava Elemental - I have been a huge fan lately of this and I use it quite often on red and brown days. He hits hard with the boost ratio x3 on red. You get explode and stoneskin and burns at only 10 cost. I run him in the 2nd spot a lot on red and brown days. But if you did not have a lot of troops, like Gorgon above, this guy can easily tank for you.

Shegra - Molten is ok, but his Lava Strike seems to backfire on the enemy when they use it. I like seeing him on the other team, I tend to get to use those skulls it makes.

War - wish I had

1 Like

How come my Krystenax does 13 damage plus a color but my opponents does 28 damage plus a color? My is orange (one tier away from being fully ascended) and my opponentā€™s was fully ascended but I did not think that would do more than double base damageā€¦ How can I get mine to do more damage?

Do you have all +Magic Kingdoms at level 10?

No, I donā€™t. I still have a bunch to get to lvl 10. Trying to get one kingdom a week and then donate the rest to the guild.

you can keep your donations low. 20k or so on Monday after you get all your guild bonus.

From there, I recommend you get all Kingdoms to level 5 first. That will give you plenty of income if you can just log in often during the day. Once all at level 5, get the +Magic ones to 10 first.

1 Like

Yes guild wars getting better, the opponents they are very high but i have a good luck to win and sometimes itā€™s a victory. I do my best and itā€™s looks i am better in it.

1 Like

high level opponents have all level 10 kingdoms at :star::star::star::star::star: for getting double bonuses.
and top guilds start the week with maxing out all guild statues for even more bonuses (+3 attack/+8 armor/+8 life/+2 magic) and they pump up the sentinels for +6 attack/+10 armor/+10 life/+6 mana. all that adds up to frightening values.

2 Likes

Any tips for defense teams? Iā€™ve been defending about 1 out of every 3 guild wars attacks this week and last. I do not have Famine, Death, or Queen Maab, and my Kraken is not fully traited. Been using Krystenax***, Dragon Soul***, Infernus*, and Kerberos*.