Gems of War News and Discussions

I will be interested to see how it changes, but to be honest, I thought this setup I ran this morning was fun. There should be much greater variation in viability of teams, but I am not hating having to play like this:

Krystenax, Marilith, Spirit Fox, Famine - 1,432
Krystenax, Wayfinder, Spirit Fox, Famine - 1,384
Krystenax, Marilith, Venoxia, Famine - 1,404
Krystenax, Marilith, Spirit Fox, Famine - 1,458

I would not be unhappy if they nerfed Famine. It has by far the most powerful ability and the third trait is crippling. The complete mana drain means it is pretty much a guaranteed loss if the ability is used against you. I am pretty sure at this point that the only PvP teams I encounter without Famine are the result of not owning Famine.

1 Like

Devour seriously still hits me 100%. 2 out of 2 attempts in a match yesterday, and so far 2 for 2 today.

Famine has already been nerfed not long ago.
sometimes i field my Psion/Famine/Death/Famine team as defense, but their score is always underwhelming.
attackers must have found reliable ways to deal with them.
i think control teams with mana depletion and very fast damage dealers, like Orc teams, are the best bet.

esp Kerberos feels like devouring at 80% (at least) when played by A.I.
my own Kerberos feels like devouring at 20% (at best).
sums up to 50%, right? :joy:
better than the postulated 40%! LOL

i couldn’t stand it any longer and kicked it out of the purple and brown CotD teams.
took Corrupted Sorceress in instead, and she did a good job conjuring Anointed Ones and/or Remnants if someone went down.

I have not used Kerberos since the nerf, my 50% never was consistent enough anyway.

For defense I have been running Gorgotha, Emperor Khorvash, Famine, Moloch. It’s only 8/14 this week, but I bet it’s annoying as hell to play against…which makes me happy.

when using a Wisp team in week of the Wisp i was once greeted with a 8-1 defense wins screen and ended at 26-10.
best defense ever.

what about Knight Rider? i’m pretty sure he must have totally missed the relaunch of Guild Wars.
he played so many trophy PvP games this week. he could have and would have easily played the GW games as part of this routine.
and he never missed a Guild War game before the break.
so my vote goes to not kicking him.
if only we could address him.
not enlisted on this forum :pensive:

Yeah, so as of right now, unless something changes today, I would kick Knight Rider, @Jules, Dimas, Bornog and wintechr.

But, I don’t think that is right since there was a break in GWs, so I am calling this a grace week and not kicking anyone for missing GW.

(and I would not actually kick @Jules without messaging him first…because I know who he is…but @Jules you need to play at least 6! :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Ok. Thought I played six “already”
Been a busy week with work.
Next week will be a normal week for me.

1 Like

We’ve got a couple of minor tweaks to guild wars scoring starting in the next Guild War.

1. We’re re-jigging the points from a flat 300 across the board to: 250,275,300,325,350. This should make the paragon battles feel as if they’re worth a little more without skewing the results too far in terms of the effects of RNG.

2. We’re going to emphasize speed slightly more in the calculation, giving it a base of 50 moves (up from 30) to count down your bonus.
1 Like

i don’t get why Knight Rider spent more than 200 gems to boost his GW Sentinels, just to play lots of trophy PvPs but no GW battle?
does he believe Sentinel bonuses would affect normal PvP (they don’t)?
and why not playing GW battles as part of trophy PvP routine (for which they count)?
when boosting Sentinels he must know about Guild War relaunch.
a mystery.

Yeah, I have no idea what is going on with him. Hopefully, he will figure this out before Sunday.

Do you think he might be having some technical issues? It really makes no sense at all,and he was playing GW regularly prior to the break. He’s not exactly a novice player.

yes.

but he was active only 2 hours ago, and has already acquired 126 trophies.
about 100 trophies are enough for going up to 2000 PvP score points. and all GW battles for a whole week are only 30 battles, which count as trophy battles too. so what’s the problem to play GW battles as part of the PvP routine?
and he boosted his GW Sentinels up to 5/5/5/1 for a massive amount of gems and other resources. for what purpose?

it just makes no sense at all. totally confusing.
but technical or work overload problems seem unlikely because of PvP activities.

@JammaTal, what are you running this week? My normal team is getting a mite bit clobbered by all these teams that leech away mana and deny the extra turns that I rely on. Thx!

only small changes for my CotD teams. Sorceress as substitute for Kerberos in
purple and brown teams.
on last week’s red day i switched to an Orc team after 3 unimpressive battles. they did a good job.

red: Orc/Cyclops/Fel’Dras/Gar’Nok [+1red/+1yellow]
red: Wulfgarok/Valkyrie/Crimson Bat/Death [+2red/+1yellow/-1brown]
blue: Psion/Emperor/Krystenax/Celestasia [+2blue/+1purple/-1red]
purple: Dragon Soul/Wulfgarok/Corrupt Sorceress/Dracos1337 [+1red/+1purple]
yellow: Gorgotha/Green Seer/Paladin/Moloch [+2yellow/+1green/-1blue]
green: Wulfgarok/Forest Guardian/Krystenax/Sylvanimora [+1blue/+1yellow]
brown: Gorgotha/Emperor/Corrupt Sorceress/Famine [+2brown/+1blue/-1purple]

my Kerberi kept disappointing me, but in today’s blue battle opponent’s Kerberos devoured two times in a row (Gorgotha and Krystenax) in his first two tries, of course.
it came down to a battle Celestasia vs a 100-attack/53-shield/176-life Kerberos. as Barrier protects against Devour, and because of permanent self-buffing, Celestasia managed to win with 232 life.
the fight went on endlessly because i had to bring down some Wargs too.
i had to avoid skull damage at all costs of course.
about 20 minutes real-time battle.
only 1446 points for all that trouble and careful fighting.
was to be expected: more than 50 (maybe more than 500!) actions and only one survivor :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

Awesome–thank you : ) I actually have most of those. Not Death, though. Famine yes, Death not yet.

the real challenge is to get all traits for all these troops :flushed:
i can tell you, i had to do LOTS of explorations for achieving this.
and buying many reward packages, of course.

1 Like

Wont be playing much next week. Going on holiday this evening for 1.5 week.

1 Like