Guild Wars will return next week.
We’re keeping it simple for now, just so we don’t have to do a client update, which means console, PC and mobile can all get the same update together. We’re going to change the following 3 things:
* All battles are now worth 300 points, not 100 – 500. The reason for this will become clearer below.
* We’re altering the scoring system, from its current form where you gain points for winning, using colored troops, and not losing allies to something that takes a number of other things into account.
* We’re reducing the weekly troop type bonuses from 25% to 10%
So apparently, in addition to CotD, these 4 factors come into play in score:
* Good players lose less troops (that’s the one we already have!)
- Good players win their game in less moves
- Good players have far higher mana efficiency (i.e. their mana collected, in proportion to their opponent’s mana is far higher)
- Good players have far higher damage efficiency (i.e. their damage dealt, in proportion to their opponent’s damage is far higher)
Now we have 4 things contributing to a score in such a way that they each push a different type of troop into the meta… Do we go for cheap kills? Slow games? Large AoE damage outputs? Or board control? Our hope is that the relative balance of these things ,and people’s varying experience with them, cause a bit more variety to appear in the end-game meta for Guild Wars.
Also, no more sliding scale for the battles between 100-500, each of the 5 rounds has a base score of 300.
They are considering for a future update a test change to overall scoring where each guild only takes the top 27 scores each week (I kind of like this). But it might be a few weeks before we see that. They are also thinking about how to add defense into the scoring system in the future and expanding on defense. See the link for more.
Lastly, separate from Guild Wars, some upcoming graphic and UI changes, and a new dungeon system, that just looks like daily quests.
Edit: oh, I forgot to mention....crafting