A few important updates:
1. The end of the fifth round will be our "rally point." In other words, we won't move on until the round is completely finished. (This was the plan all along, for those who are curious; my one fear with this event was that some players might get too far ahead of others, due to time zones and other weirdness).
2. The fifth round is also the last one for the random, dice-driven matchups.
3. Rounds 6, 7, and 8 will feature a patented "Swiss/Scottish" system.
The tables for each of those rounds will be determined by the standings from the previous round. The top three in the standings will meet at one table; places 4-6 will meet at a second table, and etc., etc., down to places 13-14-15 meeting at the final table.
What this means: again, we will all progress together from here on out; no one will be able to finish weeks ahead of anyone else. Also, our standings (might) tighten up and give us some added drama. Swiss systems are good for that sort of thing.
(The "Scottish" comes from imitating the idea of splitting a season like the Scottish Premiership does)
4. Coming up: fifth-round standings, along with an announcement of playoff procedures.
5. I will be traveling this week, and I doubt I'll be checking in much. If you are finished with your fifth-round match, just hang tight. There's nothing you can do until the sixth round is announced. Play some Through the Ages or something.