Dune: Imperium Landsraad thread

Yes, good game!

I’ve played plenty of times at the table and a) I never buy Spice Must Flow Cards and b) I’ve never won early by points. I played this one much differently.

2 Likes

I’m having issues getting on to the servers. Anyone else?

Yeah, I can click the new game and see that it’s another players turn, but it keeps loading when I click “results” in our last game

1 Like

Exactly that for me, plus I get an error pop-up going into the lobby. I’ve also updated at the game’s request.

Ok, good, so at least it’s not me. And I have confidence in DWD to fix it eventually.

from the DUNE chat:

“Asynchronous games disappear so fast that sometimes a player might never even see the results.
This kills the tension.
I hope this is addressed soon. Otherwise a stellar game.”

oh oh! the TfM syndrome is infectious and spreading? 🫣

let’s better switch to TfM mode and take screenshots!

That said, I never managed to open the completed game that @Mirefox won, and only got the twirly circles loading screen. Then it vanished. Hopefully DW will fix these niggles. In the meantime, yes to screenshotting the results if you get in.

I had the same problem with that game, it just would not open.

Exactly the same…

And a finished game just vanished without even hanging around in my game list. Hope whoever was last remembers who won (not me on 7VP).

We’re going to have to have the TfM “if you see the results, screenshot them” rule until this is fixed.

Edit: @JammaTal did. :+1: Good game all, congrats @Baelnor!

1 Like

1 Like

The Dukester’s “Corner The Market” card came to the table in the endgame.
he could have tied or even have won the game by this but had not enough “The Spice Must Flow” cards in his deck.
that would have been a coup! winning the 2VP conflict and the game!

i’d like to post the complete video of the last turn but videos aren’t accepted on SP.
great game!
congrats to @Baelnor and @TheDukester!
it was my first game of D: I ever and i had to learn a lot.
it was so much fun.

Opposite problem for me — finished games won’t disappear. For added fun, I can’t open them, either. I’ve completed two games now and had to get the results here both times.

I’ve tried both iPad and iPhone. No joy.

Argh. Yes, I had to win that battle AND have some other good things happen, but it didn’t work out.

That’s part of my style, though, I guess. I place a lot of agents and try to gain alliances, but I rarely have 9 prestige during the reveal phase. I’ve been playing some bots to practice it, but it appears to be a weakness.

@TheDukester, you played a strong game. couldn’t see much of a “weakness” :sunglasses:
each of you and Baelnor had two alliances.

and @Baelnor feels comfortable in the desert.
(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞ has won two games in a row now.

now let’s bomb the DireWolf support with complaints about the rotten final presentation!
they’ve done it well in their other games and know how to do it.
it must be fixed ASAP!

I was super paranoid at the end and made a mistake calculating the spice I needed.

I blocked the 1 Water for Spice spot, but then realised I couldn’t get enough spice to trigger the end game (pay for shifting alliances and pay for the 4S -> 1vp card)

Playing a little I seem to undervalue improving my deck with cards (I do like trashing though), and over value alliances and sprint/limping for the finish line.

It’s pretty fun

I think both approaches are viable, depending on your leader. You obviously want better cards but the frequency with which you cycle through your deck varies on play style. You may buy a great card and see it only once, if you don’t draw that often, or you might play as someone like Paul and have a bunch of draw cards to help you go through your deck much more quickly and frequently.