Dune: Imperium Landsraad thread

Lessons to apply. Another game? Or 2?

Created a new game, pw sp6

All welcome to contest the desert !

another endgame screen i could not see although the game sent me a notification to ā€œview the resultsā€.
this is so annoying :angry:

It seems that all four of us players got the notification. Then I was first to check the game, I saw the result and when I exited the game was deleted for you and the others.

I did take a screen shot though which all players have seen.

IMG_0418
@SpiceTheCat, @Hardco, @kennfusion gg! Was a fun game.

Revenge?

3 Likes

That last battle with you at 20 and me at 18 was sad, because I could have put more points into it, and did not think you could get up past 18. I was wrong :slight_smile:

Yes to revenge :blush: letā€™s line up players before setting up the game to avoid the disappearing game thing.

I had 4 more in reserve, if that makes you feel better :slight_smile:

Iā€™m in for a rematch!

in the stunning last round all pieces fell into places for me.
GG

i was the last player in action and so could see the conflict resolution, the final board and scoring screen.
in the very moment i pressed ā€œcontinueā€ the game was deleted from the server.

so it might help to keep it in the background for some time?
will do so next time.

good news from DireWolfDigital support! :partying_face:

1 Like

Looks like this is a must-have game based on the thread! Will pick it up this weekend and do some solo games to get acclimated. :+1:

2 Likes

@SpiceTheCat, @Hardco, @kennfusion : created game, password: sp

2 Likes

Is there any way to increase the size of the cards before buying them? I only have a vague idea of what Iā€™m buying most of the timeā€¦

Hold down on the card with your finger and it will enlarge the image. Of course then your finger is still covering up the card name and half the artwork.

2 Likes

With 15 years of iOS card games, that would be the first thing I tried! Iā€™m not sure why it wasnā€™t working for me beforeā€¦

the just finished game with @TheDukester, @robthomasson and @zen4one is still residing intact in my background. i can go in and switch from ā€œresultsā€ to ā€œview boardā€ and can open the log and scroll up.
but still not possible for all players to open the game.
Rob confirmed that he got the notification to ā€œview resultsā€ but canā€™t open the game.
so we must wait on for the promised (ā€œWe are aware of this issue and currently working on a fix.ā€) update.

I find the gameā€™s detection of movement pretty tight, so it often happens that I attempt a long-press which it interprets as the beginning of a drag.

Iā€™ve now played this game enough that Iā€™d be up to try multiplayer the next time thereā€™s an open slot. But Iā€™m experiencing a pretty serious Ascension hangover: if a decent array of Bene Gesserit or Fremen cards show up in the first few turns, I can usually thin my deck, and then spice and water seem to just show up at reasonable rates, so most of my late-game strategy involves putting myself in position to win the 2-VP battles or milk a VP-granting intrigue card. But I feel like there are kind of a lot of cards which donā€™t really fit into any coherent strategy I can make work; thereā€™s a few decent emperor or spacing guild cards, but most of them seem pretty weak to me, and there are more 1-cost cards which seem like theyā€™re never a good buy than Iā€™d expect. So I feel like Iā€™m trying to force the game to play the way I want, and thatā€™s kind of how things usually go for me in Ascension, too, though to a lesser degree.

2 Likes

good news! a new serverside update seems to have fixed the final scoring.

@Codington, @zen4one and @Dave could all see the final scoring in their just finished game :partying_face:

4 Likes