Decathlon Practice Arena

I was red

No I was red.

:smiling_imp:

Then I have no idea. Maybe I was green! LOL

Exactly this! I keep forgetting milestones. Also I have better things to do with my mega credits than fund an award, and then really wish I’d funded an award,

Also in my current games, I usually have a plan, but only remember what that plan was after I’ve taken the first action.

1 Like

I was yellow.

No I was yellow.

:smiling_imp:

1 Like

Damn it Kenn, pick a color.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, the game doesn’t seem to save between actions, so you generally can return to the main menu as a “poor man’s undo”.

(Also, it really bugs me when games don’t have an Undo button… :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

4 Likes

LOL I knew I was Red!

Screw Ken, making me feel like I’m forgetful in my old age…

3 Likes

The best part is I didn’t even realize Kenn wasn’t in our game …

It’s my frustration with that app, I think it is ridiculous that I payed $9 for a game that cannot even handle simple things like this. So I was just making fun of the idea that we have no idea who won a game, let alone who was in a game after the fact. Not an ideal game for Decathlon.

3 Likes

Also it’s a weird thing to half-ass considering some of the design thought and work that’s clearly gone into the game. I don’t have the physical game, but going by the pictures on BGG the cards are fugly compared to the app’s renditions. The AI is not bad too.

On the other hand there’s the practical impossibility of starting a public game as well. Like @Mirefox said upthread, the only logical reason is that all the playtesters were in the same room.

pablotfm

come on, my dear friend @kennfusion, a simple screenshot can overcome your whoes.
just take one at the start of the game and you can always come back to it to check who is who.
and when players have no idea which colors their opponents played after all those rounds then it might be that they haven’t paid enough attention after all :man_shrugging:

the game came a long way to be as is now. still not perfect, but great enough to rank as one of my favorites.
beautiful, no gameplay bugs, functioning notifications, great gameplay.

btw the missing notifications in RftG hurt me more than having to know in TfM that whovian played red and that you weren’t in our game :smirk:

i have played in public games. it wasn’t impossible.
only problem was that not many async games were played at all.
and when i created an async game no one wanted to join.
it’s a bit like in the Ticket To Ride online community. async games are totally niche and loathed by most players.
nearly all online games are played as fast realtime sessions.

Terraforming Mars actually just received an update, so maybe some bugs have been fixed? Who knows…

It doesn’t give me a ton of faith when the first listed fix is some sort of skip replay feature to give you faster turns…in a game that doesn’t really show replays.

2 Likes

i think the most important patch announcement was that they will and can work on the known issues with greater effort and efficiency now.

“Due to internal movements, we couldn’t prioritize the fix of these bugs, but we are working on it now and hope to solve as many as possible for the next update. Thank you for your understanding.”

so i’ll stay optimistic.
but we should think on postponing the TfM stop of the Decathlon tour, bringing forward Ticket To Ride as next game.

the more so as in the past essential updates of TfM used to destroy running games. i would prefer that this won’t happen when the Decathlon games are running.

it’s meant for realtime sessions.
95% of all TfM online games are played in this way.
many boardgame table gaming groups of players have been playing online sessions in the evening instead of gathering around a table during the pandemic.

been there, done it, and i must say it’s an excellent experience, very much recommended.
just take some time like for an evening with your boardgame group.
you’ll have from half an hour to one hour or two hours of top notch gaming fun.
i think @robthomasson does it regularly.

all players can see all moves of all other players anyway and skipping the animations can further speed up the game.

patch notes: “new ‘no animation’ option to get faster turn resolution.”

This is Asmodee we are talking about, here. Even if they step their efforts up a bit I don’t really anticipate a new update so hot on the heels of this one. I don’t care what order we play the games in but I also don’t know that changing is necessary.