"Crown of Cthulhu" Challenge

sorry to have spoiled the party, but when i had to admit to myself that you could grind me down, i grew tired of that endless grinding and surrendered.
in some rounds i missed the magical 8 energy spot by 1 point.
and i kept thinking on sacrificing one of my Arkham Cities to get the Unspeakable One.
in retrospective i should have done anything other than just going down slowly, but 1) the situation was a bit undecided for some time. i kept reinforcing my defenses and could have hopes to go on digging through the deck by abjuring for finding more perfect fits.
and 2) when the center row was carved in stone at last, i had fallen into a strange kind of stasis :sleeping:

a special game. interesting. kind of fun :grimacing:

oh oh! chicken farm alarm!
will the Crown of Cthulhu be won forever when a player manages to fill the whole line of a dozen symbols with only his icons?!
would be a nice twist, or?
i guess i should alarm Brewmaster Holsten on that :flushed:
he was busy defending his Grand Cthulhu Circle title on Qt3ā€™s Slack channel, going into the best-of-3 final again (lots of games to play in these Circle events).
but itā€™s all over now, he failed to stick to his title and should be ready and on fire for doing some other harm now. :persevere:

Any deck with The Unspeakable One can magically win out of nowhere! The same canā€™t be said for Arkham City, especially in multiples!

very much so, but i had calculated that i needed all 3 Arkhams to withstand your attack power long enough to try to get that Unspeakable One without a sacrifice. i came close enough more than once to keep hanging on to that insane strategy :flushed:

stubborn perseverance can sometimes bring on interesting insight.
iā€™m ready to go through that.
still experimenting, still learning, still room for improvement.

I saw a beer-signal in the night sky and here I am :grin:

But I kind of lost my drive in CR, lost my last 3 games in a row. So time to try harder :wink:

Challenge sent.

:crown::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::bicyclist::surfer::surfer: :baseball::bicyclist::bicyclist::hatching_chick:

@HolstenKnight is defeated by his self-fulfilling prophecy! Though The Unspeakable One brought him closer than expectedā€¦ I went with the damage green cards early, while HolstenKnight got the Arkham Cities into the expensive yellows. He got me down to 10, even with only 3 non-starting cards in his deck at the endā€¦

1 Like

I challenge Hardco

Wow, I canā€™t believe I won. My green cards surely did attack Hardco. Can I be :game_die: ?

:crown::game_die::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::bicyclist::surfer::surfer: :baseball::bicyclist::bicyclist:

The green is unbeatable! Iā€™ll be back before the :hatching_chick:s are goneā€¦

All too true.

However, now is my time to strike. I challenge you @jason1002. (What is your Cthulhu game name?)

Icon list: :crown::game_die::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::bicyclist::surfer::surfer: :baseball::bicyclist::bicyclist:

Current Challenger: KYakerDude

Challenger List:

Jasonburnett

Nice game Jason. The purple and green won out. I could see your hand gaining strength, but I managed to whittle down your sanity before it was too late.

Icon list: :crown::surfer::game_die::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::bicyclist::surfer::surfer: :baseball::bicyclist:

Current Challenger:

Challenger List:

I bee :bee: the next challenger

1 Like

Nice game Zebracadabra. Sorry to see you going to the funny farm.

Icon list: :crown::surfer::surfer::game_die::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::bicyclist::surfer::surfer::baseball:

Current Challenger: - Your name here -

Challenger List:

Gg, kyakerdude. Iā€™ll drive you crazy next time.

Resurrect a zombie thread? Why not, Zombies are still sexy.

I got myself a new Ipad a while ago, and went through my purchased list and rediscovered this jewel of a game, I play it very regular since. So, it can only get more fun to play it with friends.

I guess I am still the reigning king in yellow?: "The King In Yellow" Challenge Thread

And we can just continue this, very successful, old thread with the symbols?

So I just challenged @KYakerDude ?

For everyone who likes to join: https://apps.apple.com/de/app/cthulhu-realms/id1035256452

The game is best described as a deck building card game, quite similar to star realms (but even better in my opinion, and I played SR a lot).

I am also open for friendly challenges, my nick: Holsten

Icon list: :crown::surfer::surfer::game_die::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::bicyclist::surfer::surfer::baseball:

Current Challenger: Holsten

Challenger List:

1 Like

Love this game. Accepted your challenge.

Iā€™d better get in here before my chickies are taken out.

I luv this game.

One of very few games I enjoy, even losing.