Charterstone: Digital Edition Beta announced!

I don’t think so, but as you “discover” new aspects of the game, tooltips will pop up and point you to the appropriate rules section.

1 Like

Maybe put a password on it this time so it doesn’t fill up with randoms :slight_smile:

There’s still game breaking bugs though. My local friends game crapped out at the end of round 4. The new feature showing the guidepost text seemed to introduce a new bug. We got round it by someone loading my account on their steam copy and that let us get past that point.

All that being said, I’m up for a campaign with the people here too. There’s been 3 patches and things have improved quite a lot since release.

@RachetAcram, there’s been 4 or 5 updates since release, and everyone still gets notifications on everyone’s turn. Is this bug getting sorted out soon?

I think it might be my turn

1 Like

So what’s the state of this game? I actually bought it day 1 but then heard it needs some patching up. I’d like to start an online game (campaign?) with some friends but I want to know it is working correctly before I do.

They’ve patched it a ton since release … bunch of us here are on game 2 of a campaign with no problems, but I don’t know how it’ll be down the road. I follow their fan Facebook page and feel like I’ve seen far fewer error reports.

Likewise, I’ve had the app maybe from week 1 but haven’t played it (shades of TM). Let me know if you’d like a test game for this one too.

Agreed with @geigerm above, though I have no idea why the notification bug is still there (you get notifications even when it’s not your turn).

Probably because they had much bigger bugs to squash … ?

Hey guys… Sorry for not answering. As you may imagine - there’s been a lot going on.

Anyway, we believe the notifications bug has been finally resolved. Let us know if we’re wrong.

2 Likes

Afraid I just got a notification for someone else’s turn—looks like that bug persists.

1 Like

Ditto.

Right yeah, that’s a different bug. It just looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

Back to the drawing board…

2 Likes

Any update on the state of the game, specifically online stability. I’ve got a group of 4 looking for a new game and this has caught our interest. Thanks!

Online stability is fine, but the notification system still sucks (i.e., you receive turn notifications even when it’s not your turn, so you never truly know whose turn it is).

Much as we try, we can’t seem to solve the notifications issues permanently. Downsides of relying on 3rd party services, really :confused:

2 Likes

For what it is worth we just started a 6 player online campaign and notifications have been working as they should. We each get one on our turn and only on our turn.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s fixed for new games but not ones that were currently in progress?

Because I can definitely say that our game is not fixed.

This is my first and only game so I can’t speak to any other problems. We are only a few turns in but so far so good. My notifications don’t make any sound but I can live with that; Dire Wolf has gotten me used to it anyways.

Acram’s email today reminded that I have Charterstone but have never played it. If it’s up for a Golden Geek, it must be … ok at least I guess?

How is the game now? And if it’s reasonably playable, would anyone like a game?