Brand New Root Megathread

@SpiceTheCat @geigerm @Baelnor it looks like our game has frozen. I attacked the Woodland Alliance and it seems to be stuck :unamused:

No, weā€˜re good now. I went in and it asked me about a defender card, which I skipped. There was nothing (red dot or on the game list) to tell me.

@feederofgoats looks like it is your turn to pick which of my things to destroy.

Worst attack ever by me :slight_smile:

Oh no! It looks like our game has frozen @Baelnor @JMH.75 @Hardco - I see the dust clouds of combat but canā€™t do anythingā€¦

@SpiceTheCat @geigerm @Baelnor I still canā€™t do anything in our game. I think this one is lost too. Great game, terrible online implementation.

Iā€™ve reported both games

Oh, I donā€™t know that Iā€™d say terrible online. The game has all the features that should be present in other games but for some reason arenā€™t. Just some bugs to work out, which I have faith in Dire Wolf to do based on past games. I had some game-breaking bugs in Through the Ages when it launched, too. Iā€™d still put this game closer to that end of the spectrum than, say, an Asmodee offering.

1 Like

I was just browsing BGG and, unsurprisingly, it looks like the battle but is pretty widespread. Iā€™d imagine this gets ironed out pretty quickly as long as Dire Wolf is aware of it, which I presume they are from the reports.

New patch out that supposedly fixes the ā€œstuck in battleā€ bug.

Woo!!!

I just updated and the battle we froze in is still frozen. Perhaps the patch only applies to games created after the patch? Or all players need to have patched? Or Iā€™m just unlucky?

Probably for games created after the patch.

That would be my guess.

@SpiceTheCat @geigerm @irishdomer08

We have 1 stalled game and 1 game that hasnā€™t really started yet to the best of my knowledge. Do we proceed with the newer game even though it was created before the patch an may or may not stall, or do we go for third timeā€™s a charm?

The patch just fixed a game for me that was stalled. So it seems to work on active games just fine. Shall we just try to get that first game going again?

I just updated and all my games are still frozen.

Yeah, my stalled game is still frozen, too.

1 Like

Actually, Iā€™ve been automatically resigned from our first game so I, at least, am out. I donā€™t know if it continues for you all.

In my game as the cats, Iā€™ve had exactly the same problem as @Mirefox above, despite updating.

@JMH.75, @Hardco, @jason1002 - I think this one is stuck. Shall we abandon it and start a new one?

I now think starting from scratch is a good idea, if everyone else agrees.

I agree. I have updated my app

Agree