Brand New Root Megathread

This is just a really wonderful game. Never played it before and still no idea what I’m doing but seems to be full of interesting decisions.

1 Like

Started another game so I can learn more quickly (I could play the AI, but where’s the fun in that?)

geigerm’s game, PW stately

I’m curious. Being that this is based on a game system that often deals with historical conflicts, are these woodland factions analogous to any real life factions?

It’s not based on another game system, it has just been compared to it. The designer does have several other games that are historically based.

1 Like

Hm, it’s starting to show that slight fragility I associate with Dire Wolf.

• in Geigerm‘s Game, it’s showing as my (WA)‘s turn in the game List but when I join the game, it’s the Vagabond‘s go, to pick a character. I’ve reported this.
    Edit @geigerm - you’re the Vagabond; what does the game show you?
  • I’m getting the „it’s your turn…“ Pop-up for the first SpiceTheCat‘s Game, even though it isn’t.
  • The red dot vanishes if you go to look at the game state but don’t move.

This seems to be a consistent weak point for Dire Wolf - excellent ports (Raiders of the North Sea, Sagrada, Yellow & Yangtze, Root) with wobbly mp. Tidy that up and they could aspire to Playdek levels of goodness.

The games get a bit wonky on whose turn it is at the start. Once it gets further in and settles down it improves

I saw the same thing you did, so I chose a character and now it’s actually your turn. Not sure why it didn’t show as my turn to begin with …

If anyone wants to start another (I have a few ongoing at the moment) going to open another.

PW: Sp2

I’m in!

1 Like

Will wait to get a full 4 SPrs.

Much more fun to steal from / attack / outplay people you know :slight_smile:

We might have a problem in the game I’m in. @SpiceTheCat attacked @Mirefox and when I log in to take my turn - which it is prompting me to do - I get to the battle animation and it runs continuously. I see a prompt for me to play a field medic card but I can’t seem to do anything. All I can do is exit the game and re-enter, but the same thing happens. It is possible that I’m missing a place to tap, but I’m not sure.

Same thing happened to me as well, with the field hospital thing.

I’ve reported it to Dire Wolf but wouldn’t hurt to file another report

I have. Until something is fixed, though, that game may be in limbo.

1 Like

Yeah, @robthomasson, @Hardco and I had to start a new game because that game is lost.

@irishdomer08 @geigerm @SpiceTheCat

Just wanted to @ you so you’re aware our game is frozen.

:unamused:

Try a new game in the meantime? I’ve started a new game, pw is Sp3, and taken Eyrie again.

I just got a notification that I was finally resigned from the game that was stuck.

Not sure if it’s because I timed out or if it recognized that the game was stuck.

I’ve joined

Yeah, I’ll join the new one. Are we picking the same factions on purpose, or do you just like the eyrie? I’m good going random, but can take the cats again.